Mobile networks

Hold time. I gave up, it’s due by tomorrow :weary: so stupid they kick you out of my O2 the day you leave them. Could at least give a month to tidy up loose ends.

2 Likes

That’s bad. Feel sorry for the frustration it’s causing as I know I’ll be frustrated especially listening to the o2 hold music for over a hour.

To be fair I’ve had a few issues with them, my contract ends towards the end of the year and I will probably switch as I’m barely getting 1 bar in some locations now

I only held on because it was just a ring ring, no stupid sorry it’s taking so long message, just ring ring. :joy:

1 Like

Must have been nap time in the call centre :melting_face:

1 Like

Never heard of a direct debit :eyes::joy::sweat_smile::joy::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I thought everyone just uses dd these days

1 Like

Of course, it was always paid by DD but wanted to throw the phone balance on flex, works out cheaper than the tariff and phone, and my three sim :worried:

The first call, straight through, went to pay and her system wasn’t working.

Called again as requested :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Mobile network? It would be billions to cover the UK.

2 Likes

Do you mean Home network as in wifi? That’s possible to a certain extent as they’re people who have done it - however you still need to rent the line from a company and setting it up will waste a good chunk of money if it’s just for the basic home.
Maybe decent if you want to rent it out to people nearby if theirs 0 wifi providers in your town.

You have to work out if it’s cost effective.

1 Like

O2 next, now they’ve raked everyone in :joy:

2 Likes

I expect them to do it at some point, but they are still running adverts about them being the only major network to not bring back roaming charges so i doubt it will be too soon.

I hope they won’t, given a lot of their advertising is based on it, and it’s one of the main things that attracted me to them

1 Like

The power of marketing.

1 Like

And the power of not fleecing your customers every chance you get

3 Likes

I genuinely don’t get how the mobile networks get away with it.

24 month contracts for a service where the only up front cost is a SIM card…

RPI + x% price rises every year, even before the contract ends…

Prices for new customers being lower than existing customers renewing…

It’s not often I’m outraged - despite what forum regulars may think :rofl: - but ofcom seem to be asleep at the wheel here. All the mobile networks seem to do is shaft their customers with crap terms and conditions.

8 Likes

That’s what bugs me. You want to renew your contract with them but they’ll charge you triple what they would to someone new or advertised on their site

2 Likes

I think all contracts should have the same rules can insurance now has - you can’t give a higher quote to existing customers than to new ones (all factors being identical).

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

I can’t blame people for keep switching from network to network due to this reason especially with all the price increases on other things.

2 Likes

I should probably write to my MP about it. I genuinely can’t work out what ofcom are doing. The industry is full of the most anti competitive practices.

2 Likes