Mobile networks

It’s they way they’re saying “every now and then, it helps customers catch fraud on their card before transactions actually happen” but not doing anything about it when that’s exactly what I’m saying :joy::man_facepalming:

1 Like

No such thing. The Watch SIM is an extension of the phone SIM and shares the line. So you’d need to switch to a provider that offers both.

I believe it’s usually £5 a month with all/most providers for the Watch.

1 Like

Around £7.50 for the past couple of years at least. I got £5 for contracting for a couple of years with EE, though, along with my phone SIM.

1 Like

has anyone used o2 Switch up before? Tempted by it as you can change your device every 3 months, just still not sure I want to pay £40+ pm for an iphone though with the new one coming in sept but with switch up I can just swap it in sept.

Could rake in free gifts every 3 months if moving to a device that comes with one.

What free gifts? :sweat_smile:

Well for example when Google pixels get released you get pixel buds/ watch or at the moment you get the buds, Samsung the galaxy watch 6 and the Sony Xperia V1 I think they are handing out Sony XM5’s with them.

I have o2 switch up since it came out. Wonderful contract just hand your phone in when the new phone comes out and get your new one

I am really tempted by it, I’ve not had a contract for years though since I have work phones but I do like my gadgets and don’t mind swapping between iOS and Android if I am getting decent headphones or watches out of it.

Can’t say I do it every 3 months mind you (bit of a random number) but yeah every year I do it

When it comes to switching are they quite strict on the condition on the phone?

Thinking of moving to Smarty from Voxi for the EU roaming being included, as I end up spending a decent chunk on roaming each month with Voxi. Also read that the 3 network is one of the best for 5G.

Anybody used/using Smarty?

I’ve never had an issue yet tbh, my phone stays in a case and screen protector all the time so very minimal damage

2 Likes

It’s just as being on Three.

I did see a comment on the socials about the plans and extra data you get.

£10 was 30GB, which now offers 60GB.

If you use 30GB in the UK and try roaming, it won’t work because the extra data is just an add on and can’t be utilised the same way.

Whether that’s true or just someone not having the right settings, who knows.

Three PAYG sims still have roam like home, so can use all your data abroad in 71 countries or whatever it is.

Plans aren’t as data generous though, but you do get Three+ app.

Set auto renew on their £15 plan, save 10% and get 100GB with roaming included.

110GB for £10pm with iD mobile, roaming included, I believe they credit check the first application but rolling monthly contract after that.

1 Like

I have, it had poor indoor performance for me

1 Like

This is location dependent though.

O2 and Vodafone are non existent in my mums house, EE and Three quite the opposite, great indoor coverage.

And she’s out in a village.

2 Likes

It’s good, my mate uses it. I am tempted by it too as I like to switch phones as well, It can mostly work out cheaper than paying monthly for just the phone too

1 Like

I plan on maybe seeing what Android has to offer after I pay off my iPhone 15pm, the S24 ultra for example is £30 upfront and then £65 a month, 36 month contract, but you can change it after 90 days if you wish - the old o2 switch up allowed you to swap whenever you wanted

If your company provides o2 open, it’s even more worth it as you get 25% off the airtime. it’s just a shame it’s slo2 really :smiley:

1 Like

Luckily my company does have the o2 open so it’s nice to have

2 Likes

Does switch up require you to send your device away first or can you do it in store? I have it on my plan

you can do it instore.

1 Like