Making Monzo Signup Simple

Thanks, that’s great news! I know a few people might benefit from this when the time comes :slight_smile:

I opened an RBS account earlier this year (a few weeks before I got into the first round of Monzo CA rollout) and they wanted to see my passport in branch. This was because they coudln’t verify my identity so I was to send in some docs via an online portal but unfortunately an incorrectly entered mobile number meant I couldn’t access that, and it was impossible to edit it on their side without starting again. So I was invited into branch to provide it. I assume if they had been able to verify me by my credit check I wouldn’t have had to supply it though.

Wish the banks would support the provision of independent services - would make it much easier to compete. The government have, arguably, the most difficult verification problem. The current one outsourced it to the credit rating agencies. Although I don’t like this approach, it does mean that Monzo could move to using it and add their own tweaks.

What we need is a non-profit verification company based on the blockchain - citizens of the world, unite! Govt’s Verify scheme