Make Me Prime Minister (Channel 4)

Anyone watch Episode 5?

I tuned in at 9pm but they changed the scheduling! Iā€™ll catch up tonight :eyes:

1 Like

I did, about 4 hours before it was due to air

Not because I am some fancy insider, but because some intern uploaded it on catch up too early, I expect.

2 Likes

Yeah, the actual show got pushed to 10.30 yesterday for some reason, and I did hear that it was bizarrely on All4 a few hours before the TV airing.

Got to laugh at them including the clip of Truss resigning in the intro. Sneaky last minute edit by the producers :joy: Amusing to think that Boris was still the PM back when they filmed this show in the summer and weā€™re now 2 people down the line.

So, catā€™s out of the bag then.

My sister is in the final!!! As am I. Well, in the crowd at least. Perhaps when they do the pan to the crowd shots you might spot me. I wore a funky shirt. Alastair commented on it when I met him :joy:

3 Likes

That was excellent!

Will be keeping my eye out!

I did think that Natalie did exceptionally well to turn it around. I felt she would have been a goner for sure after Channel4ā€¦

4 Likes

For sure, I wish they would have shown more of her 1:1 meeting with Alistair but I do remember her telling me at the time that thatā€™s what kept her in, she really impressed him with that. With it being the semi-final as well, they had to consider performance throughout the show, and although she had some ups and downs, both Alistair and Sayeeda felt that overall sheā€™d performed better than Rico and Danny.

Canā€™t wait for the final!

3 Likes

Whoā€™s ready for the final tomorrow? My sister Nat, Kelly and Holly all in the final showdown!

Itā€™s gonna be fun to watch for sure.

2 Likes

Starting now!!!

1 Like

Keen for this.

Loving how theyā€™ve kept up with the political chaos in the opening scenes :joy:

1 Like

Thought: will the Alternative Prime Minister be delivering C4ā€™s Alternative Christmas Message?

Edit: omg is @simonb on the battlebus? :eyes:

Edit edit: no, no heā€™s not. (I think). But his parents are!

Edit^3: congrats Natalie! And @simonb you must be so proud.

2 Likes

I was not on the battle bus! I was actually in LA the entire time of filming except for the final debate, you may have spotted me briefly on stage at the end.

Couldnā€™t be more proud! And as for the alt Xmas messageā€¦. Iā€™ve no idea but that would be awesome!

So thereā€™s a lot you didnā€™t see in the edit but I think it definitely captured the vibe of the final day for sure. Her pushback on Krishnan was legendary!

Since Iā€™m the one that sent her the casting call all the way back in March and convinced her to apply, Iā€™m also feeling very pleased with my own sense of personal judgment right now :rofl:

5 Likes