Lookout required šŸ‘€

Indeed if you look at the bus in the background they look like very different colours to me, not that a Londoner needs much to recognise any change at all in the iconic bus colouring.

Iā€™m actually quite excited to see a hot coral bus ngl

4 Likes

:wink:

13 Likes

I see what you did there.

3 Likes

Is it in the marketing strategy to be more london centric again?

It doesnt grip me and in my limited time in london last weekend for the nfl i seen the tubes were littered with at least 10 different finance companies with graphics of their card and saying they do banking different in some shape or form with a tagline very similar to this.

I feel it could have really been more imaginative and bolder

2 Likes

Love how this went by unnoticed :eyes:

4 Likes

monzo_bus

29 Likes

Itā€™s a huge market, to be fair. Theyā€™re reaching more people than they would if they advertised in all of Scotland AND Wales, say.

7 Likes

Agree, donā€™t really see it as a negative. Although they would reach more if the advert was more eye catching and convert more if they actually gave a benefit of the product. ā€˜Banking made easyā€™ isnā€™t a good marketing strap line unless another bank had already said ā€˜we make banking difficultā€™.

2 Likes

So, ā€˜a diamond is foreverā€™ is a terrible strap line because no one was putting out adverts saying ā€˜diamonds are temporaryā€™ :sweat_smile:

Monzo does make banking easier thatā€™s its USP, seems a pretty sensible strap line to me.

6 Likes

I donā€™t think banks need to explicitly say that, people just need to feel like they do in order for the slogan to grab their attention.

I do feel like banks make banking a heck of a lot more difficult than it ought to be, so this slogan would get me.

But I suspect Iā€™d wind up disappointed and feeling mislead, because I canā€™t say I feel like Monzo necessarily make banking any easier for me. In a lot of ways, I think they make it more complex and more confusing.

5 Likes

On the visuals. Iā€™m sitting in the Whitechapel Burger King watching over the London busses. Just in case :sweat_smile:. (more a great reason for a BK)

About 150 busses have passed I reckon but no hot coral ones sadly. From what Iā€™ve seen, a hot coral bus would be probably the second or third most noticeable advert. The award would go to this which Iā€™ve seen before and, my I think thatā€™s some fantastic and eye catching design work. But Monzo definitely would be, to my eye, near the top of the range

10 Likes

I love that they have gone to the effort of putting workmen on the top of that one :joy:

11 Likes

I think strap lines and whatever it says are largely irrelevant now, itā€™s about brand recognition.

You need to remember Monzo.

Once this is a bit more widespread, go to Google and search for ā€œpink bus bankā€ or ā€œbank account orange busā€ and thatā€™ll be enough.

6 Likes

How dare you.

13 Likes

I agree. So put something like ā€˜the only bank with pay in 3 built inā€™ (I know it is not rolled out to all yet, but you get my point). THAT would get peoples attention.

1 Like

I think this is more about brand awareness than any specific ā€˜featureā€™.

4 Likes

If I wasnā€™t frequenting this forum I would really have no idea what ā€˜pay in 3ā€™ meant

3 Likes

I think my hints were much more subtle :joy:

2 Likes

We will have to agree to disagree. You are a loss making company after five or so years, you have five million customers, you should be shouting about features that are on trend and make you money (ignoring the small interchange from everyone of course). You donā€™t need brand recognition, you need to break even.

I think monzo are aware of their needs more than us

7 Likes