Looking to buy or sell Monzo Crowdcube shares

No, I haven’t, but they exist and they have FCA certificates.

1 Like

Anyone feel like offering up a recently completed deal and the agreed upon price? Just trying to get an idea of what shares are changing hands for at the moment!

6 Likes

Anyone looking to “buy” just be careful. This thread is a magnet for scammers.

1 Like

All sales have to be done through Crowdcube. It would be difficult to scam I would imagine. Especially as Monzo/Crowdcube will likely want to KYC all involved.

1 Like

Do they handle the payment? From what I can see they will transfer the ownership only? There is nothing to stop me from “selling” shares and not transferring them?

Do you not think it’s odd how most people looking to sell are making the first posts on the forum?

They do not handle the payment, but they will proceed to transfer ownership with proof of the bank transfer done.

Not really. Monzo starting to reach real prominence. People will want shares whilst they’re still discounted. I wouldn’t imagine everyone buying shares even has a Monzo account.

3 Likes

How do you mean “with proof of the bank transfer done”?

Hi, I have 110 shares for sale at £9, PM me if interested.

1 Like

Is it easy to get Crowdcube to replying I’ve sent a message in the app and wish to raise funds towards a mortgage deposit but so far have not received any response is it better to phone somehow. I have the 259 shares from the last round

1 Like

Let us know what they reply

I have received a response and I now have to find a nominee so if anyone is interested they can PM their offer from what I’ve read it will be required for the full block.
They will put my case to Monzo and ask what evidence I require to provide and then nominee must provide proof of who they are etc and if not already a crowdcube holder will require to become one and sign to the terms and conditions …I have to find an interested party and then proceed

Thanks

Personally I use this overly simplified calculation (in lieu of other data) to guess at the current/future share price:

Last fund raise sp = £7.71
Number customers = 1.3 million

Number customers today = 1.72 million
Therefore sp = £10.20

With 28,000 signups a week, by year end that will be another 1 million customer approx.

Therefore number of customers by end of 2019 = 2.72 million
So sp end of 2019 = £16

So I would say your guess of £15 coincides with my super basic calculation.

1 Like

I really like the simply approach. If you test it against prices from previous rounds and customer volumes at the time does it still work?

1 Like

No :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A basic calc but I’m not sure there is an exact correlation between customer volume and share price.

How does apple proposal devalue the opportunity for Monzo due to brand loyalty in America

2 Likes

Wasn’t a certain level of growth factored into the previous valuation?

1 Like

I like your thinking here, but actually think the numbers are a little light, owing to the following:

Firstly, when the news broke of the “main piece” of the last funding round it was October 31st – customer numbers based on this source were ~1.1m. We were simply allowed to invest at the same price later last year (when user numbers were closer to 1.3m), but you should use 1.1m for your calcs.

Secondly, the calculation doesn’t recognise that each new customer is increasingly valuable to Monzo – Tom has spoken a lot about unit economics, and that while not profitable for the business as a whole right now, each new customer is making them more money than the last – so a linear increase doesn’t capture this. On a very basic level, Monzo are beginning to properly monetise their customer base – rolling out overdrafts and (soon) loans, savings, energy deals, insurance and possibly premium accounts also.

So, they’re adding users at a frantic rate (averaging 5k/day currently) and making more money from those users. I’ve said before, but think anyone selling now is mad – but that’s just my two cents. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Monzo raising some more cash later this year at 2.5/3bn GBP.

4 Likes

Agreed, I don’t in any way expect this calc to be accurate as the valuation is based on a number of factors - but for a finger in the air it works for me. At the moment Monzo revenue is mostly driven by customer activity, therefore more customers equals more revenue.

Without knowing the exact financials (e.g. revenue driven from market place etc) its all I got.

1 Like

Possibly, it is a really basic calc but if I was selling shares (I’m not, too much potential) this is how I would calc sp.