Looking to buy or sell Monzo Crowdcube shares

(Jimmy) #281

Hi, I have 150 shares to sell if interested.

(Jimmy) #282

Have 150 to sell…

(Bert) #283

@Shari023 you might be interested in the offers here :slight_smile:
No idea what actual asking prices are, but last crowdfunding they went at about ~ £ 7.71.

(James tomlinson) #284

Tradosh how much was you looking for the batch? Would you accept £7000

(Thomas Radosh) #285

Hi Jay, your offer would be below the last funding round, so that wouldn’t make sense for me to sell you as the price had gone up since.

(MikeF) #286

Strictly, the price hasn’t gone up since there isn’t a market for the shares. Without a market, there’s no way to determine a price so it’s all down to personal opinion at this point.

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #287

It’s not a bad offer to be fair either.

You need exceptional circumstances to sell and if I was in need of money urgently, I’d give that offer some serious consideration.

It’s a lot of money for someone to have sitting round to spend on shares too :slight_smile:

(Edward) #288

With the total lack of liquidity and consistent demand being greater than supply in every round, this is very much a seller’s market.
And after all, nobody is buying Monzo shares expecting them to be worth less in the future (I don’t think it’s even possible to short non listed shares), so both buyer and seller will be assuming share value has increased and will continue to increase.

The problem being that you can only trade in ‘blocks’ of shares. Therefore if you’re an early investor with a large block, you have to find someone with many thousands of pounds spare in order to realise even the price from the last investment round, let alone more due to more customers/growth/etc.

It’s a nice problem to have, but it’s still a problem.

I have 100 shares and would be willing to let them go for £1500, I fully expect the share price to double in the next year or so, so am taking that into account.

(Ben Sheppard) #291

Why do you believe it’s doubled since the previous crowdfunding round?

I don’t currently, I expect it will do over the next year and am taking that into account. I’m happy to keep the shares as I don’t really need the money right now, but would be happy to sell at that price if anyone is interested. If not, no worries, not here to argue about the share price, like people have said, its all opinion and a sellers market right now so :man_shrugging:

((╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) #293

If that’s the case it’s unlikely that you’ll be granted permission from Monzo to sell.

(Ben Sheppard) #294

Not trying to argue just wondering if something big had happened in the last couple of months that I missed!

(4 Round Investor) #295

There is a market as we can see buying and selling of shares

The market isn’t as fluid a stock exchange though

Price is determined by both parties in the transaction those making the offer based on their perceived value of the company and the current investor if both agree the transaction proceeds therefore they have set the market price exactly how buying and selling works on a stock exchange buy at the rate you like sell at the rate you want or above

(MikeF) #296

That’s my point. It’s not possible to say “the price has gone up” because their is no data on which to base that assessment. You can only agree what you are prepared to accept/pay.

Yes, it’s a ‘market’ in the broader sense but not in the sense where it sets a ‘current price’ in any meaningful way.

(4 Round Investor) #297

Fair point

(Nikhil velani) #298

Share price is in the :eye: of the beholder :money_with_wings:.

(Oleg) #299

I have 390 shares for sale at £ 9 each. The transfer has been already pre-approved by the board, so all should be fast and smooth. PM if interested.

How did you get it approved without saying who they were being transferred to?