Loans

Thank you! That’s really helpful.

This seems correct, as I have now been approved a loan when before I was not!

Has something changed? I can no longer see the amount a loan reduces when I pay extra off nor can I see the upcoming payments section which I use if I pay a full months amounts off.

Hey Stephen, would you mind sharing what platform you’re on? :slight_smile: and what app version?

Hello, iOS, 3.0.

hmm very weird! I’ll take a look now :slight_smile:

This is what I’m seeing. It used to show upcoming payments and the amount. It changed based on how much you selected.

2 Likes

Yep that definitely isn’t right! :thinking: I’m hoping this is already fixed for 3.1.0, but I’ll get back to you confirming by the end of today!

2 Likes

Ok, yep I was right in that this will be fixed in v3.1.0, which will be out on Monday/Tuesday next week - apologies this slipped into this release! :pray:

5 Likes

No problem, thanks so much for the help.

1 Like

If anyone’s in TestFlight I’d greatly appreciate a triple check that this works as expected again! :grin:

1 Like

Yep, works fine for me ish. You need to tap the screen after you’ve entered the amount for it to update. In hindsight that’s not working fine, but it will update like that

But the bit where you enter the amount is a bit odd. I can’t delete the 5 until I’ve added another number after it. Then I can delete both

Ah ok so you mean you need to dismiss the keyboard / hit enter? Does it update as you click on the stepper properly?

I’m planning to spend some time improving our steppers next week so will look into your second point then :smiley:

My lack of technical knowledge is well know, I have no idea what a stepper is :joy:

To get the amounts to change in the list I need to enter the amount in the box and then tap in the area indicated by the arrows

To change the amount I tap on the £5 and get a flashing cursor but it won’t let me delete it. If I put any other digit after it will let me delete that and the 5 so I can then enter the amount I want

That any use? :grimacing:

Steppers are + and - I think ?

Every day is a school day, thanks :grin:

In that case the (possible) steppers work fine, it’s manually changing it that’s the problem. I’ve just found out it you double tap the £5 it will change properly but a single tap doesn’t

Out of interest, does the “Pay off extra” bit of a loan affect the total interest you pay back?

Yep, it reduces it

I have to say I’m really, really impressed with the simplicity and speed in this process!

I noticed I could get up to £15K at 3.7% APR the other day (which jumped up from up to £6K) and thought I’d look into it so I could pay off my other high interest loan, HP and PayPal Credit balance. Used the calculator for £10,500, signed the agreement and got the money there and then. I’ve saved £30 per month and shortened the term of my longest agreement by over a year.

Thank you Monzo - love the efficiency of this process, the competitive rate, how quick the money hit my account so I could put all my debt into one and the repayment options like making extra payments which reduces the monthly repayments… plus, I’d rather put business in Monzo’s direction :grin::joy:

20 Likes

Top Up loan is missing :frowning:
Add this option please!

1 Like