Joint account parity (split from Monzo Plus thread)

It would seem the majority of people who sign up to a banking forum to see/hear about new features, also support faster paced innovation… But right now, I don’t see a huge amount of “innovation” happening (I see plenty of potential development, but it’s not new to banking, it’s just new to Monzo).

As for the Joint Account comment, again, I also don’t know the stats, but I’ve seen a lot of people comment that they never use their Sole Account and the Joint Account is the only one they use (I’m one of these people).

So right now, a huge amount of “features” that are being touted, or semi released, are completely irrelevant to me (and many others).

Don’t confuse people’s genuine criticism/comments about wanting things for the Joint Account (or anything else), with simply “having a pop at Monzo” - We are all here because we want the account that we use to be as good as it can possibly be - It’s becoming increasingly frustrating to see features get released as an MVP (with the intention of developing them further), to then see nothing new for months on end (whilst other bare bones features are released to much fanfare).

To my knowledge, Joint Accounts haven’t seen a single update since the very first “beta” release (something I was a part of) - There’s been no obvious signs that this will change, and the only thing that it has going for it over other accounts right now, is instant notifications (which work well for my family, but others don’t even value this particularly highly).

Appreciate Monzo has a huge amount to develop, with limited resource and time, so need to prioritise certain things… But I’d like to see some of these features really get some polish (even if they are Sole Account only).

8 Likes