Join the waitlist for ISAs with Monzo

Yep, Buckinghamshire BS appear to be bucking the trend - I’ll get my car keys…:smirk:

1 Like

Is this just for the 2018 - 2019 years allowance or can you join the waiting list for the next tax year 2019 - 2020

See I would happily take 1% and a easier life with Monzo (one log in one view) then the marginally better rate with Marcus, (or ING Direct 2.0 as I think of it), also makes money moving simple.

I don’t really have the time between work, school pick ups and activities to manage loads of accounts.

Would also be super interested in a stocks and shares option, Moneybox is great, but again, one place for all

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’d be for this.

Monzo shouldn’t, in my opinion, be partnering up with a ‘middle man’ for an S&S ISA. The more pockets you line before you get to the actual fund fee the less well your investment will perform.

5 Likes

Yeah, anything that saves me having to manage things across multiple apps.

1 Like

Unconfirmed but here’s what I can share for this week’s Beta update :smiley:

The ISAs might still have a next day withdrawal on them :eyes: I wonder if this is going to be the case once they begin rolling out to people :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Surprising that Which? have got the scoop before any Monzo announcement. Looks good though!

1 Like

Quite an array of savings accounts (both savings and ISAs):

• instant-access account, 1% AER
  • six-month fixed-term account, 1.36% AER
  • nine-month fixed-term account, 1.46% AER
  • 12-month fixed-term account, 1.53% AER
  • instant-access cash Isa, 1.14% AER
  • 12-month fixed-term cash Isa, 1.38% AER

Seems to tackle all fields! Minimum deposit of £500 though.

5 Likes

How have Which got ahead of the official announcement?!

2 Likes

Well its progress!

Personally will stick with Marcus but great to see options being expanded! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Open banking should bring Marcus into the app much like a native product pretty soon :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I thought I saw on an Emma thread that they had no intention of bringing out anything API-like in the near future

I thought open banking was compulsory or did I make that up?

Only for the big players in the market and only for current accounts.

2 Likes

Ahh ok thanks

Think, if memory serves me correctly, the rest have to follow by the end of this year.

But still only for current accounts or all?

Marcus will have to stay ahead of the curve as if anyone comes out with a product with the same terms of service but at 1.51 or higher, they’ll loose hundreds of millions for pounds in a couple of hours.

Excellent! Can someone explain what the difference between instant access regular account and instant access ISA is? Just wondering why anyone would go for a regular if the interest is higher on the ISA?

Interest on regular account is taxable once you use up your allowance. The ISA is exempt.

1 Like