ITV X - the new streaming service from ITV

I do know this.

I don’t know why you wanted to “discuss”. I only expressed my opinion. It doesn’t have to be the same as yours.

2 Likes

I could not see me paying for this under any circumstances (although I’m clearly not the target audience - I don’t think I’ve watched anything on ITV in years).

2 Likes

I watch the odd drama, quiz/game show and a few random other things. Generally, only watch it when I’ve got nothing else to watch.

1 Like

This is just what we needed. Britbox was garbage when I tried it, it will probably still be garbage when it merges with ITVX

2 Likes

I’ve often been attracted by the trailers for some ITV dramas in the past, but the actual programme was invariably a disappointment. I might try The Ipcress File if I can gird my loins for the disappointment.

1 Like

Every time the trailer comes on, someone in this house shouts “But it’s not Michael Caine!” at the TV.

1 Like

Hopefully shows up on SkyQ (along with 4OD) as it’s remains a pain to get those shows easily on the Box.

and maybe I’m fairly unusual here, but the ITV brand doesn’t mean very much to me. I’d be more tempted to pay for a subscription to Britbox than to ITV. I think my issue with ITV charging for a subscription is that I think “oh they already throw adverts at me, and now they want me to pay to watch adverts…”.

Even if that perception is wrong, it’s still how I feel about ITV!

6 Likes

I think it probably is! The whole idea of paying isn’t paying to view adverts, it’s paying to avoid them, as is the current itv hub+ model.

I don’t want watch live tv, and I despise adverts. So I gladly pay for itv hub whilst there’s stuff on there I like, because it’s what I want. Ad free tv on my terms for a price that is fair. Which for me is The Masked Singer, Martin Lewis’s show, and whatever Ant and Dec are doing currently.

I don’t care for the Brit box stuff myself, but looking forward to seeing what the new platform means for their future content.

4 Likes

Sadly I doubt I would even watch it if it was free :laughing: There isn’t much on ITV that I watch. The only thing i can think of is “I’m A Celebrity …” and that’s only on for three weeks.

Had a BritBox free trial back when it launched and ended up cancelling it.

For me (and the TV I like) the quality isn’t up there with other streaming services.

1 Like

I love I’m a celebrity, but the fact it’s on every night is laborious for me to keep up with! I don’t have time to watch tv every day and there’s other stuff I enjoy too. It wasn’t until well into 2022 that I finished the most recent season.

Saturday night takeaway will always be my favourite of theirs.

ITV is great for this sort of entertainment though, and it’s all I watch on there. When there’s nothing on I just unsubscribe until there’s something I like again, just as I do most other services.

ITV have had a couple good dramas too. Liar was quite good.

3 Likes

There’s also this - I can’t remember the last time I watched anything on ITV or which originated on ITV.

2 Likes

Same BUT I have two different groups of friends who watch it every night. So I have to keep up so I can debrief the next day :grin: I get some early nights when it finishes!

1 Like

New product brands is probably the better explanation of the dropping of the i-prefix by Apple. Since the death of Steve Jobs, and Tim Cook taking the helm, all new product brands have not had the i-prefix. Existing brands (like the iPhone) have kept it. Some have started to be replaced like iTunes to Apple Music etc.

5 Likes

Do you think it’s possible all of these friends are watching it for the same reason?

3 Likes

Oh. Oh no. We’re trapped in a mess of our own making :laughing:

4 Likes

https://www.itvx.com/

If you want to, you can sign up for the latest news on ITVX! (Don’t see why you would. It’s not like I would want news on ITV Hub and it’s essentially the same thing).

The branding does remind me of the original XBox branding rather than what ITV’s branding is normally like.

3 Likes

Yes, I can see it.

download

Between the name and the branding, it’s not the most auspicious of starts for ITV X.

5 Likes

And they’ve paid someone thousands and thousands for this rebrand.

1 Like

Thought I’d stumbled onto the MailOnline for a moment there.