iOS 16

Also, for that matter, being able to search using the screen navigator just above the app bar at the bottom is a super nice addition.

That was the first thing I turned off when I upgraded to iOS 16 - it just gets in the way!

1 Like

You’d think it would be useful, but my muscle memory won’t let me tap it. Spotlight is still a pull down from the top for me. I haven’t even reprogrammed my finger to pull down from the middle of the screen yet.

2 Likes

How would i turn this on? I’ve looked in settings and i couldn’t find it

I don’t know if it’s something that can be enabled/disabled – I can’t find a setting for it either. Perhaps check that “Siri Suggestions” is enabled under Siri & Search?

When your phone is unlocked and you’re either still on your Lock Screen or on your Home Screen, swipe down anywhere on the screen (except the very top of course) and it should open up Spotlight Search. Just type anything and the top option will be an option to search in Safari

2 Likes

It’s just “there” I think

1 Like
3 Likes

Ah tried just swiping down and it was there, i didn’t even know this, thank you

2 Likes

I’m not interested in the football scores as I couldn’t really care less. However, I am interested in a live activity for the scores if anyone knows of an app that‘lI work

I just want to see it in action

Never mind, I saw that @mikez had the answer

It was actually @ravipatel who mentioned FotMob first!

2 Likes

I couldn’t get live activity to work on the football app. Notifications were on and I was getting them when something happened in the game but they weren’t permanently on the Lock Screen. What am I doing wrong?

It’s not notifications you need on for the match. You need to press the star in the top right of the game, and then it will add a live activity to your Lock Screen, as long as you open the app within 1 hour of the game starting.

Thank you. I’ll try again. The things we do for the geek. I don’t even like football :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve actually uninstalled it now. I started getting notifications for every single game and CBA to work out how to turn them off :rofl:

:smile: I’m highly likely to do the same once I see activities in action.

I do like granular notification settings but Fotmob does take it to the extreme - there’s settings for every kind of notification you’d ever want for the football and they’re all scattered around the app.

1 Like

It was fine up until the latest update a few days ago. I might take another look if I get some time today.

Does anyone know how to make Shortcuts automations run without having to press ‘run’ for it to work? Kinda defeats the purpose of automations.

You can set Automations to run, well, automatically

At the bottom on this screen:

1 Like

Non techy people really shouldn’t have access to shortcuts! Another tiktok travesty IMO. My friend discovered it. And instead of all the really powerful and helpful things it’s capable of, once you learn how. What do they use it for?

To make their iPhone speak when they plug in a lightning cable, or unplug it. Every night when this person goes to bed, the entire floor will hear the Daniel voice speak Feed me, Feed me now! it gets on my nerves!

2 Likes