Introducing Monzo Premium

You don’t need a joint account for this, it’s standard with Nationwide Flex Plus.

Cosmetic changes to linked accounts in Premium

I’d love to see the following cosmetic changes made to the design of linked accounts (examples are from the Barclaycard app):

The design of the card of your product (pretty sure Monzo can see this information so should be able to retrieve it, right?) If it can’t be retrieved automatically, perhaps the ability to update it yourself by uploading an image of the card (or similar!)

Similar to the “left to spend” feature on the current account - I’d love to see a visual representation of your remaining and available balance, please!

These changes, along with the addition of Home/Contents insurance to Premium would perhaps convince me to upgrade! :+1:t3: :grin:

5 Likes

Anyone who has signed up to Monzo premium, can you tell me if you have had any other decent offers other than the ones stated. Patch, Hello Fresh, Naked Wines are all very underwhelming, and something I’d never use.

1 Like

They’re not changing the offers. You have what you see and that’s it. There was a recent British Airways (?) offer but that seemed to be a MasterCard rather than a Monzo thing

Yeah I heard that, was a bit excited at first. It’s a shame the offers are so dull.

If I sign up to :monzo: Premium on 1st January :spiral_calendar: - will this be my new Premium billing date?

It will.

1 Like

Thanks David! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m actually thinking of moving to Revolut — they are still in the process of getting their UK banking license, so I may wait until then. I’m looking to move because they offer so much on their premium plans, something I don’t think Monzo will ever be able to match.

2 Likes

I’m the same

1 Like

I agree this is putting me off as there is no value here. I’m already with wines.

These are basically the digital equivalent of the flyers you get with sign-up offers. You can find these deals anywhere anyway.

Let’s have some form of cashback.

5 Likes

That’s the best example and description of the current offers :clap:t2:, I’ve got a Revolut account so get the emails, one of the offers was £10 cash back just for using your card 5 times.

Jokes aside I would love a glow in the dark card!!! :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Hi. Welcome. Sorry you’re going through a tough time and hopefully Monzo can help you in the end.

How did someone steal your card at a shop?

The fees for a replacement were all laid out when you signed up. Hopefully Monzo will work with you on it but if not, just get a normal card for the time being and once you’ve saved up, upgrade to a metal one again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you have a crime reference number from the police?

Seems pretty cold to invoke the fee if you’ve actually been a victim of crime (as opposed to just lost the card which happens to the best of us)

12 Likes

Agreed.

Though to be fair a crime reference number is easily got. It’s given out before any investigations are done so you can get one without it being an actual crime.

1 Like

Agreed, but I guess banks use that because it still deters most people from making a false claim. Like, saying to your bank ‘I was robbed’ is pretty easy. Actuallly reporting a false crime to the police is very risky though, they could investigate, find out it’s false and charge you. And most people probably just don’t like the idea of outright lying to the police in general.

But yeah if you are really committed to go through with it, you can get one.

1 Like

True true.

I know it’s in the T&C’s for the premium account but… I feel uneasy about it being a charged replacement. Maybe at least one free one with a crime reference number or something.

3 Likes

Hmmm. I half agree. It would certainly be a nice thing to do for Monzo to not charge people in that situation.

On the other hand, in a purely ethical look at the situation, it is sadly the nature of being robbed that things you own get stolen. If the victim wants to replace those things, they are responsible for paying the costs of that. It is unfair, but it’s no less unfair for Monzo or anyone else to bear the cost. The only person responsible is the perpetrator.

So I’d say it would be far, far better customer service to not charge for a replacement, but maybe not actually unethical to charge for one.