Introducing Monzo Premium

Premium should be more than the lower tier but there should always be the same on both but extra on the premium that’s how curve operate on their three tiers

I also don’t believe courier costs are a nice round £30/£40 either - but the point I was making is that is the cost that Monzo is given by their manufacturer (who also handle shipping) if we believe what they say (which I’ve got not reason not to).

What if that one is the cheaper end of the pool? We’d end up seeing a torrent of “this card quality is crap” type posts again. Cheapest isn’t always best :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I think they are pretty close to what other companies charge

So that’s interesting.

Just searched world elite MasterCard: https://www.mastercard.co.uk/en-gb/consumers/find-card-products/credit-cards/world-elite.html#

Supposedly means it would include insurance, lounge access, etc. Can anyone from Monzo confirm - are these additional benefits or are these the benefits being prominently displayed as part of Monzo Premium?

3 Likes

it’s very similar to Curve, but I prefer the way Monzo has presented the info no the back.

4 Likes

As suggested by that page, I believe that those benefits need to be provided by the bank supplying the card (Monzo in this case) to be allowed to use the World Elite branding.

This great post may help explain a bit more about the tiers: Mastercard Airport Experience

2 Likes

Curve no longer put any numbers on their card like Apple.

Have to say, I do prefer having the numbers on the card myself

2 Likes

If I lost my monzo metal card. I wouldn’t want to pay £50 for a replacement. I’d rather be offered a standard card for free with the option to get a new metal one at £50 if I wished.

4 Likes

Card arrived just now. Very nice.

1 Like

I wanna see the packaging :sweat_smile:

Ahhh that was a helpful post. All makes sense. Thank you!

1 Like

Not sure how long ago you used your cover, or if cover varies based on the packaged account you have, but my cover appears to be the highest cover you can get from Green Flag (with the exception of European cover). It includes “National Recovery” which states (and this is copied directly from my policy in the Green Flag app)

If your vehicle can’t be fixed locally the same day, we’ll take you, your passengers, and your vehicle to a single destination of your choice anywhere in the UK. If the breakdown was caused by a flat or damaged tyre, we will take you to a place of your choice within 10 miles of the incident.

I’m still hoping that Premium gets a few extra things added later on, or allows you bolt on (or even swap) some benefits such as the breakdown cover.

What’s the significance of the ‘world elite debit’ - does that have any extra Mastercard type benefits?

1 Like

Does this page work for anyone with a metal card? This is the MasterCard World Elite login.

Important info.

9 Likes

“Curve no longer put any numbers on their card like Apple.”
thank you I di not know this

I’ve always been advised that if you value something enough, you should get specific cover for it. Most mobiles would only cover loss/stolen and ONLY if it was lost/stolen from your home.
Had your phone stolen while at a restuarant? You might not be able to claim, and if you can then your home insurance policy may be affected at renewal.

If you have a dedicated policy (like with Monzo Premium or other bank) then you would be covered.

Nope.

I understood that, confusingly, there are two World Elites: firstly, there’s a technical type of MasterCard that means that issuers get more interchange; then there’s this customer facing scheme that not all technical World Elite cards are part of, that gives customer benefits.

I’m sure someone like @Rika or @erincandescent could probably confirm or deny that. (It’s probably complicated).

1 Like

This was the whole point, wasn’t it?

People were reluctant to switch to monzo because they were reliant on their old bank for various insurance bundles. Monzo have now launched an equivalent product that offers something for these customers.

Insurance products are never going to be exciting or particularly novel.

5 Likes