Introducing Monzo Flex – a better way to pay later 🚀

I just checked my documentation (which you can do in app). When I signed up in Oct 2021, my APR was 19%. Despite mulitple credit limit changes (both up and down, with most recent being Jun 2023), my APR has always stayed at 19%.

2 Likes

That’s good, I didn’t know you could do that. I just looked at the first credit agreement when I signed up to Flex, and it does quote 9% APR from the start.

1 Like

Everyday is a learning day… lol

If Monzo want to drop my APR down to 9%, I wouldn’t object… hahaha
Especially if I get into the 24 month trial.

6 Likes

Same.

You can close flex and reapply if you feel your circumstances have changed, but it’s never guaranteed to either get the same limit, better or worse limits/rates.

That’s how I got my £2k limit from £500 before the increase flow was built.

Not heard of the rewarding side ie our soft check says you’re a good egg, have 5% better interest.

1 Like

Just checked and mine has been 19% since the start as well.

1 Like

Same. Did not know there was 9% :eyes:

Having checked mine has been 9% since signing up too - mid-June 2022.

1 Like

@TomMills filled this out some time ago but nothing has changed, can you check I’m on the list cheers (that was for the new flex feed)

Should be with you now @waynepyrah - we did the last batch this afternoon :pray:

3 Likes

Just found something out which may nullify what I created a thread for earlier

If I type in “flex” into search but don’t press enter, I get the flex transactions only without the loan stuff in there too

Press enter

I reckon that still counts as a bug.

1 Like

I don’t have a plan with Monzo so can’t test it.

I did ask the same thing to CS and according to them it’s not a bug as they weren’t allowed to separate them off, which is weird in my opinion as “flex@ is a different product to a loan. It’s still a credit product, yes, but they are different types of credit products

What does @TomMills think?.

Is there any plans to allow users to pay off Flex payments from Pots?

You can already do this. Choose a pot to pay from, then choose scheduled payments and then Monzo products add/remove. Flex payments will then be taken from the pot.

I mean more Ad Hoc. If there’s one payment I want to clear from 1 pot I have to transfer the money around to then make the payment

Ah ok gotcha. Yeh that would be handy

I don’t think we’d have purposefully designed for that to happen, so I’ve logged this one as a bug :bug:

Thanks for sharing

5 Likes

Evolution

14 Likes

Great news. I haven’t had anything sadly though I did sign up.

4 Likes