Introducing Monzo Flex – a better way to pay later 🚀

(Sorry I had to rant somewhere as I can’t rant at home for obvious reasons :laughing:). Fingers crossed I can “six month” it eventually.

6 Likes

Ah okay, fair enough

This is exactly what I am considering using flex for now. Will probably hold off until black friday and sell my switch in the meantime.

1 Like

I’ve not got the 6 month offer :triumph:

Are you sure? I didnt get the pop up screen like everybody else but if i click on flex theres a banner below the Feed/Manage tabs

I didn’t get a pop up but it’s in two places:

And:

Yes. I’m sure.

1 Like

I had one notification appear at the top of my Personal account feed…
Screenshot_20221103-113723

… and a different notification appear at the top of my Flex account feed:
Screenshot_20221103-113743

1 Like

I clearly made a mistake in signing up early! I want 9%! :sob:

4 Likes

I appear to have been deemed not worthy of this offer. Sadness.

3 Likes

Are you on :monzo: 4.55.0? I noticed a certain experiment in there (although experiments don’t need to tally with the app versions to work)

2 Likes

Obviously lower is better but I’m not paying Monzo any interest on Flex. If I can’t afford it in 3 months (or 6 while this offer exists) then I’ll just either not have it/save/buy it on a credit card that’s 0%

It could be 9, 19 or 99%, I don’t really care.

9 Likes

Monzo are quick to allow a credit limit increase, just exceptionally slow at ever looking at a user’s APR, despite the fact they have a full history for said customers.

TBF I don’t flex massive amounts anyways so if I do incur any interest, it’s minimal. But still it would be nice to have reviews where the APR drops.

6 Likes

Indeed, but more often than not it’s a change of circumstances that leads to paying interest when you use credit products this way. Not overextending.

Should the worst happen, I’d want it to cost me as cheap as possible.

3 Likes

Wooo! Just got the 6 month free interest thing!

Check again @Peter_G. :smiley:

1 Like

Updated (thanks @davidwalton) but nada.

Sadness remains.

I got declined twice for it as my pay wasn’t going directly into Monzo first and was going through a legacy account before I moved it over.

My RBS credit card is 9.9% as well but I expect it to change given the new bank rates.

2 Likes

Woo! Flex limit increased to £6k too. :sunglasses:

Did you request it, or was it thrown at you?

2 Likes

From £3k? did they change the interest rate you had?