Introducing Monzo Flex – a better way to pay later 🚀

It would have been requested - we don’t automatically increase customers credit limits.

No we won’t have - your interest rate (for 6/ 12 month terms) is fixed from the point you open Flex - At some point in the future I really want to start lowering customers interest rates over time if we can see that they’re making payments on time/ etc. - this isn’t high on the roadmap yet though - probably Q2/ Q3 next year.

23 Likes

Re-evaluating the APR on your annual flex anniversary would be a welcome move. I dont know what other banks do but I would guess that they would simply leave customers on the highest rate for as long as possible?

2 Likes

I have been blessed!

11 Likes

Surely when you click ‘see what you can flex’ it should take you to the transactions that qualify rather than just to your account feed?!

4 Likes

That’s where the transactions are?

Yeah, but to each individual transaction.

Hi, i have a personal account and pay for Flex.
If i was to open a joint account and use the flex features, would i need to pay again?

2 Likes

You don’t need to pay extra for flex? Flex isn’t on joint accounts at the moment I don’t think.

4 Likes

:point_up: fact

4 Likes

Just running my curious mind as usual.

Could I essentially add Flex to Curve.

Request a £1,000 top up at a paypoint to current account card, and then pay using Curve card to merchant card machine? Basically a money transfer?

The Flex payment would just come up as a grocery MCC assumably?

Edit: having read further into it, it doesn’t look possible from the paypoint machine end as it knows what type of payment has been made first off.

2 Likes

Weird, I don’t have the offer and App Store shows 4.54.1 as the latest version :person_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

Probably the iOS/Android alignment. I’m on Android, which went from 4.54.0 to 4.55.0

It looks like you’re on iOS and it has gone from 4.54.0 to 4.54.1 - are you on Tesstflight or public release?

Ah right, yeah I gave up my Android earlier in the year. I’m on the public release.

I’ve got a transaction from Monday I’d like to Flex, so still a little while longer for it to show up, so no stress.

Happy Cake Day! :cake:

Thanks! …and thanks to the team I now have 6 months interest free to go with my cake.

I placed an order on a new car earlier in the week, but I wasn’t expecting such a large deposit to be taken so far in advance of delivery. I’m in a very very good position on my current PCP due to the chip shortage and the strength of the used car market, so that will eventually make up my deposit upon delivery.

Great to be able to spread the cost, even retrospectively.

5 Likes

This new offer is tempting my desire to get a new Apple Watch.

Or a new Sonos Five.

:eyes:

2 Likes

I used it for a Sonos Roam with 15% off - go get your Sonos! :smiley:

1 Like

Oooh where does this 15% off exist?!

Why Not Both GIFs | Tenor

(Or if you bought from somewhere like John Lewis, you’d only use one of your 6 month frees)

3 Likes

You should do it! I’ve just bought a new watch (albeit not an Apple Watch) using the Flex offer, very good offer indeed.

1 Like