Introducing Monzo Flex – a better way to pay later 🚀

Just got upped from £500 to £3000. Makes Flex much more useful for me now and will most likely take advantage of it more often.

Cheers @TheoGibson and team

4 Likes

Hope this comes to RBS too!

1 Like

I would think so as they’re both NatWest group.

1 Like

Same here, £3k to £6k. Imagining buying something for £5k and paying via my phone :grin:

1 Like

Talking in non flex terms Apple and Google pay has no limit. Theirs an estate agent near that’ll sell you a house online with Apple Pay.
I tested it on a 1.2m house. Sadly it got declined for not enough funds, I just had hope it’ll magically go through.

1 Like

I heard of people paying for a car with their phone, so £5k is nowhere near the limit of what people have done

Imagine if it did; and you’d be in a 1.2m unarranged overdraft!

6 Likes

Limits will all depend on what the retailers accept an all, some place a contactless limit regardless of card or device been used.

Then I’ll be sat in my house on my bill crying knowing I’ll never ever be able to afford to pay it off :melting_face:

5 Likes

But places that accept The Pays properly, as they should, will have no limit, as the transaction goes through as cardholder present/verified

1 Like

Summed it up there, places have to in the 1st place :joy:

Surprised the bank didn’t call to find out what’s happening :joy:

1 Like

My vets don’t allow anything beyond £100 on contactless, be that card or device. Literally refuses the transaction on the terminal.

3 Likes

No increase for me :frowning:

Understandable, I guess, as I’ve only just returned to using Monzo as my main account so there’s no recent activity to speak of to get a picture of my regular spending and income. I was using Flex, though.

1 Like

Just upped my limit from £3k to £4.6k. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Yes this is what I meant haha my bad

£2k to nearly £6k for me.

I don’t intend to use the longer periods that incur interest so really £1k is probably plenty for me so that I can comfortably pay it off in 3 months but upped it anyway! You never know when it could be handy!

5 Likes

IKEA furniture and meatballs

1 Like

I flexed a large purchase recently and paid with Google Pay :ring:

If I tried this in Asda or a petrol station I’d immediately get told that “it can’t be done” however the jewellers I went to didn’t bat an eyelid, so it must be getting quite common.

5 Likes

Congrats! :tada: :wedding: ?

(Can you buy engagement/wedding rings at Asda or the local Texaco? :wink:)

7 Likes