Introducing Monzo Flex – a better way to pay later 🚀

I have logged your this as “aspirational for early next cycle”. I think that’ll cover most eventualities. :joy:

Anyway, rumour has it that you have other, err, physical endeavours to be getting on with… :eyes:

8 Likes

Share with the class Peter…!

1 Like

I think he’s referring to the “Physical Flex Credit Card” which there is a rumour mill thread about on here

2 Likes

Staff physical flex card was noticed in the app logs. :eyes:

1 Like

Here’s a sneak peak :wink: I can only assume this is what you’re talking about?

15 Likes

OMG this is the first time I’ve had staff confirm my top secret leaks:

Must double down on protecting my sources! :joy:

7 Likes

Hahahaha - i genuinely hadn’t seen this message in the other thread! :joy:

7 Likes

I really hope that that’s what you’re playing as your team’s motivational music :joy:

Quick question about refunds. I got a partial refund of a flex purchase. I didn’t get any notification in either the main card feed or flex card feed.

It was only when I clicked into the transaction on the flex feed that I noticed the partial refund had been received.

I’ve not read this whole thread so apologies if already answered but is it on the roadmap to add notifications when refunds are received?

(Using android BTW).

1 Like

Quick question, made a purchase using flex and have paid it off early, however I may return the item, how will a refund work? Will it go into current account?

It will move the funds from Flex to your current account.

2 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

I’ve noticed today that my Flex payments going back months have suddenly all been re-categorised as transfers (so excluded from Trends), when previously they had been whatever category I had assigned to the original transaction that I Flexed. It’s made my Trends look way off and would take some serious work to get everything back to how it was.

Has anyone else had this? Or know what I might have done to cause all these transactions to change?

As I scroll back and click on Flex payments that say ‘extra payment to xx’ I can see the original category for a second before it changes to transfer instead.

Same thing has happened to me :tired_face:

1 Like

Ah, that’s comforting at least :rofl: I went back for two months trying to sort it all out then lost the will. Hoping there’s some kind of magic fix applied :ok_hand:

:smile: we’re in it together! I’ve closed the app and can’t face thinking about that for now. Too much to do if I’ve got to change them all one by one :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve spent a lot of time categorising mine as transfers so they better not do a bulk replace all effort to reverse yours :joy:

(Probably a bug, but I kinda hope it’s a toggle in development that lets you move between Trends showing Flex when the transaction was made Vs when Flex was repaid).

3 Likes

Alt text: screenshot of the help section of the Monzo app with a message that reads “Hello! The categories on my Flex repayments seem to have been changed in bulk overnight, which means that Trends isn’t accurate. There have been other reports of this on the Community Forum. Is this a known issue? Is there a time to fix?”

Sadness.

(Cc @TheoGibson for visibility)

Changed in bulk to what, I thought you’d survived the changes or has something else altered last night.

1 Like

I didn’t actually check yesterday.

What I do is recategorise the money coming back from Flex as a Transfer, then when I pay the bill I change that to a Flex/Credit card payment category that gets excluded from spending Trends. That way I get to use Trends for monthly spend, but can still track how much I’m putting on credit every month.

What’s happened is that all the (many) Flex transactions that were categorised as Flex/Credit Card Payments have been moved to Transfers. That’s gonna be painful to fix…

1 Like