Introducing Extra, Perks and Max

Latest: computer says no. I’ve appealed to the nice human who helped reset my phone number but not holding out hope.

Review@monzo.com

Try them if you’ve not already

2 Likes

Just spotted another two fraudulent account openings in my name thanks to Credit Insights, to add to the other three which were opened in my name in March. Sigh…

Looks like Klarna only report to one CRA, and Monzo make this easier to see than the CK app.

Already have a CIFAS victim of impersonation flag added thanks to the other three, but this is more bloody admin to do. I assume Klarna would have started sending letters at some point when the payments weren’t honoured.

1 Like

This is the main issue I have with Experian ending their partnership with MSE. I now can’t see all three CRAs, and some lenders only report to Experian.

If Monzo Extra or Perks included Experian as the CRA partner I’d be subscribing in a flash.

1 Like

Yes, not sure if the two most recent ones are on Experian. Having checked rheir free report it shows one high risk item, then invites me to pay £14.99 a month to see what it is. I’ll order a free copy of the statutory report from them to see what’s showing. I was going to give it another month to check the previous three fraudulent ones had been removed.

Am I being dumb or can you only upgrade, not downgrade to a lower plan? So if I wanted to go Perks > Extra I have to cancel first then sign up again?

1 Like

yes

1 Like

That’s an annoying inconvenience as it changes your payment date.

1 Like

yep.

1 Like

Ended up downgrading from Perks to Extra, will try avoiding activating the hot coral and see if I can keep the Perks card. :eyes:

Realised the main things I want are the Extra stuff, so makes more sense.

1 Like

I’ll be downgrading from Max to Perks after the 3 months when I no longer plan on using the insurance. It was just handy for the timing.

1 Like

if you took the railcard and you can’t downgrade from max to perks and instead have to cancel max and then sign up for perks will they charge you £23 still?

That’s a good question, I assume the £23 charge is on cancellation so it wouldn’t take into account you signed back up to Perks.

exactly my thought and getting another code for a free railcard would be no good as you will already have the first railcard

1 Like

This feels poorly thought out

1 Like

Breaking: they have let me back in. Thanks @jimmwx for the tip!

7 Likes

Did you wait for 30 days before reapplying?

Yep. Plus I had to get them to release my email and mobile number manually.

1 Like

It took well over a year of asking every couple of months for them to let my Wife re-join. I think she closed it in late 2021 and they finally let her back early 2023.

Maybe it’s because I offered to sign up to Max :joy:

2 Likes