Introduce yourself 👋

While I understand why, it is so sad to see such a beautiful bird stop soaring the skies :cry:
Hopefully one day we’ll be able to cheaply do supersonic flying!

2 Likes

well, that makes up for being a cat hater :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Hi just getting started and was interested to see what was new

3 Likes

:wave: Hey! Hallo! Salut and all that!

I’m Jonathan (or Jon) and I’m new here. Nationwide were giving me a bloody headache so here I am at Monzo!

At the mo I’m studying for my law degree whilst doing my professional accounting qualifications on the side.

I like geeking out over fintech so I’m probably right at home!

Like running, cabbage, gin and tonic as well as long walks but probably not at the same time.

4 Likes

Hi @NickiLouiseB22 :wave:

Hello @JXN83 What is your favourite type of cabbage and cabbage based dish? What are your feelings about Kale?

2 Likes

welcome and good luck with your studies

Hi All, just signed up for a current account, been using Starling for the last few months but now Monzo has Apple pay decided to give it a whirl.
Quick question do you need the physical card to access your account or can you access it before if arrives?

1 Like

You will need a physical card but Monzo card usually takes only a day or two to arrive.

2 Likes

Hi All,

Dan here, brand new to Monzo and here because of the free use of the card overseas!

I play basketball :basketball: , golf :man_golfing:and love travelling :briefcase::dark_sunglasses: (city breaks mainly).

I love all things tech but not involved at all with coding etc :exploding_head:… I prefer to just enjoy the outcomes of it such as gaming :space_invader:.

Pandas :panda_face: are amazing and would love to have one as a pet… I live in Wales :wales: though and have tortoises :turtle: (Hector & Hercules).

That’s all for now :slightly_smiling_face:, Speak soon and great to be here!

5 Likes

@danielbennett Welcome Daniel! Your emoji game is extremely strong! :muscle:

2 Likes

:wave: Hiya, I’ve been a Monzo user for a while now. The imminent joint account launch has now made Monzo an option for switching away from our main current account. So I thought I’d get involved in the community and see if I can learn more/help out as much as I can. (i.e. try to get added to the beta!) :wink:

I’m Sam, I ride bikes, run, and have a small daughter who loves babyccinos (so modern :tipping_hand_woman:t3:)

6 Likes

Welcome along @samuelcrosland :wave:

1 Like

I’m simmy and im new here, i’m known to ask a lot of questions just so you know lol.
The forum is great and i look forward to using Monzo

4 Likes

Glad to see you here! :wink:

1 Like

Hey Andre! :wave: hope you’re good!

1 Like

Welcome Sam and Simmy

Hi, please can someone help me? I have not received my verification set up code by sms. What should I do? Thank you, Karen

@KarenMac

Help@Monzo.com

1 Like

Airbus all the way here. :smirk:
The A350 is stunning, but the A380 is a bit of a whale though :face_vomiting::whale:

2 Likes

Hi I’m Zag, absolutely loving Monzo as a developer (php and python) it impressive to my geeky side but also in terms of usability and real world problems the bank solves. I’ve moved to full Monzo from Natwest where I had 6 different accounts and it was getting confusing and I got tired of their constant advertising about “premium accounts” that cost £17 a month. Monzo Pots makes it so easy to section off money and is a complete no brainer once you get used to it.

I also write APIs myself so its great to see these being locked in at Monzo for the future to build things on top of.

Lastly I am passionate about people and their personal finance, I read a book years ago called “The Flow of Time and Money” which I think really ties in with what Monzo can be about regarding svings and managing your money over time. You dont have to feel poor in your life, its possible to feel rich no matter what you earn, it just takes time and the right financial tools and education! :slight_smile:

6 Likes