Include income in to budgets

E.g income = 2k costs = 1k.
I would currently budget for 1k costs and I would try to not exceed it. If I do exceed it, sometimes I add a bit more income from another bank account.

I understand that I could just change my budget each month manually but it would be nice if there was a way where you ask for 1k difference in revenue-cost. when you added more money in, it would adjust your budget so you always saved 1k.

Could be a pants idea. Who knows. It’s a suggestion.

1 Like

Doesn’t summary already do this by subtracting any committed spending?

Nope. Unless there’s a committed income in unaware of.
If my car breaks down unexpectedly, I don’t want to put that in committed spending.

Doesn’t the current structure deal with this? As in - known bills/DD’s/SO’s/etc.during a set period = committed spending.
Deduct committed spending from the income received in the same period = disposable ‘funds’.
So if your car breaks down - and I truly hope it doesn’t - the costs involved would have to be covered by said disposable ‘funds’ - so no need to factor income (again) into it?

If the disposable funds can’t cover the unexpected bill, then you’re into debt (credit card, loan) to pay for it…

1 Like

For me I would not want this automatically.

If I have a budget of £400, and then get someone paying me £100 I would want my budget to stay at £400 unless I specifically increased it - just because I got a payment I would not think I had more to spend, I could have got the payment for many reasons.

What I would like is the ability to mark an incoming payment as a ‘repayment’ - manually doing what split the bill does to account if I paid for someone else and they are paying me back.

3 Likes

I’m desperate for this feature! I pay the entire my rent but my housemates transfer me their portion. Because Monzo can’t see these transfers as committed income, my summary is useless!

2 Likes

Have there been any updates on this? Would be great to be able to categorise regular income that isn’t your salary so it gets factored into your monthly budget.