Ignore bills when notifying what I've spent today

I would also like this! It’s always a bit disconcerting when I buy lunch and it tells me I’ve spent £1xxx today! I don’t need to be notified that I’ve paid my rent and bills every time I spend money that day, I’m well aware of when they come out of my account and how much they cost :sob: it would be nice to be able to go into each direct debit/standing order and select a toggle to exclude from the spending summary.

3 Likes

Interesting. Must have missed this thread. I dont think it applies to Android…?

Click on the payment, scroll to the bottom and toggle exclude from spending summary.

Doesn’t this do what you want?

You can definitely do this in Android.

Oh I meant the problem doesn’t even exist (in my experience).

I’ll double check my notifications on Friday when the rent comes out, but last I checked this does happen on Android.

I don’t have that option when I go into the payment, otherwise I would’ve enabled it before.

Edit: ok had a little dig, and the toggle is there for regular debit card transactions but does not seem to be there for direct debits or standing orders.

1 Like

That option will exclude the transaction from the Summary display but only after the event one only for certain transaction types. I don’t believe it has any impact on notifications.

1 Like

I just double checked, this does happen on Android :slightly_smiling_face:

Today I have been shopping and my mortgage also came out. This effectively nuked the spent today figure. A long press or something should give you the option to exclude committed spending and show only card payments - there have been a couple of times where this would be really useful!

6 Likes

Yes, I would second this - restrict it (or have an option) to only include spending that isn’t a standing order or direct debit, i.e. retail spend.

2 Likes

There’s another topic in here where there’s been some discussion on this.

https://community.monzo.com/t/ignore-bills-when-notifying-what-ive-spent-today

Perhaps someone from the coral crew should merge this thread? :slight_smile:

On a side note, is there an @ or something that can be used to notify the coral crew as a group to summon them for things like merging topics?

2 Likes

Done! And I think you can summon us with @ followed by Coral-Crew (case sensitive)! :+1:

2 Likes

This seems like a pretty simple addition and I can see most users benefiting from this as Monzo grows and more and more people set up direct debits and committed spending from their monzo acciunts. I believe most (50%+) Monzo accounts don’t currently have any direct debits or committed spending associated with them yet but this will certainly grow as more and more people go #fullmonzo

2 Likes

Oh I agree, I’d very much like to see this too. Having my rent included in my spent today makes the notifications mildly confusing sometimes.

3 Likes

YES!! this would be great. I nearly have a heart attack when I buy a coffee on the way to work and I get “You have spent £1,000 today!” :joy:

6 Likes

Yes, this would be highly appreciated!! :grinning: