Here is a problem for you

Pretty sure 6a is the days on the week but what is 6b?

58779007_2298560127076895_9222512652553551872_n

1 Like

CE870E34-3E7F-403A-AB19-783B82221779

4 Likes

Coordinates?

I was thinking of compass directions but I don’t think it is.

I too see the days of the week but looking at the other questions that seems oddly easy in comparison.

∀(x, y ∈ A ∪ B; x ≠ y) x² − y² ≥ 0

For all (x, y :- A u B; x != y) x^2 - y^2 >= 0

1 Like

My eldest is a genius, I never would have got it.

It’s letters of the alphabet going backwards, skipping 2. But there’s an error as it only skips 1 between p and n or around there (presuming this is the solution)

So s, p, n,k h,e

3 Likes

For that reason I ruled this out. Could be an error, will keep working on it :grinning:

Note, there are two blanks either side of that ‘N’.

1 Like

I would be furious if this was true, it doesn’t fit! There’s two gaps between n and h

2 Likes

It’s because the other questions are so easy that I think it’s an error. I space or 2 spaces is the issue :grin:

Think it’s 1 space but the e to h is the error

Yeah, the first sequence (between ‘S’ and ‘N’, which would be R, Q, P & O) doesn’t tally with the sequence between N & K (M, L), K & H (J, I) and H & E (G, F)
There’s a gap of 4 alphabet letters, then 2, then 2, then 2. Doesn’t make sense unless it is something else.

This has me thinking though… It’s not planets. It’s not superheroes. It’s not elements or the 8 stages of genocide…

2 Likes

Always a good thing to have memorised :+1:

Is it 2 sequences combined?

2 Likes

I think it’s got to be some other sequence rather than just letters. Like days of the week, some other collection. You can start six, seven, eight, nine, … but it falls down!

But don’t you think the days of the week is too easy given the questions above?

They’re straightforward… e.g.

2 x PN + 5

1. 7
  2. 9
  3. 11
  4. 13
    :

Position number just means first term (1), second term (2), etc.

1 Like

I think that’s far more complex than the days of the week clearly laid out.

I’m not saying it’s super hard but it feels too easy for it to be the days of the week. Unless thats the point.

I need the answer to this :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

S,R,Q,N,J,I,H,E - it works but not sure if it’s correct as it’s not like 6a.

What’s the sequence?

I can’t believe I went to bed and this still hasn’t been solved.