Harry Potter : Wizards Unite (new game from Niantic, creators of Pokemon Go)

It’s out on iOS too

took a look at it last night.

i never did pokemon go, however, while i understand the reasons behind a lot of the permissions, i do wonder what is happening to all that data that is collected about me and my movements.

standard privacy t and c, though they never really console me.

personal thing, i think, on how much i actually care about what companies know about me, over the free experience of a moment’s intrigue :smile:

PS. i’ve saved hagrid, but expect everyone gets him for free to tease into the game.

I have taken a ‘no point caring’ approach to anything like that. I work on the belief that between my banking data (Hi Monzo!), my phone’s location, social media, CCTV cameras, things I upload to the Cloud, my car registration being watched when I’m out on the roads, the Google Home devices that my husband brought into our home, my online shopping records - from groceries through to Amazon and eBay, and my email accounts, every element of my life is already recorded and used, so what’s one more thing? :stuck_out_tongue:

I tell myself that if I have nothing to hide, it’s worth relaxing about, because any of us would be naive to think that we have any real privacy.

3 Likes

you’re spot on.

it’s already a big brother state.

good hunting :smile:

As a Pokemon Go player I was intrigued how the game would compare and if any additional points of interest would exist in Wizards Unite compared Pokemon Go.

Most gyms (but not all) in Pokemon Go are not actually Fortresses in Wizards Unite, at least in my town. So they seem to be trying to keep seperate places where people will likly gather in each different game.

Wizards Unite does however have some points of interest that don’t exist in Pokemon Go, however do in Ingress.

I’ve played a little out of interest, it seems to be a more indepth story / mechanics wise. Certainly a lot to take in that’s for sure.

Does anyone know how to find the wizarding challenges? Can’t find a list and I need to complete one for the daily challenge

@TheStrider They’re the ones that take place out and about. I can’t remember the type of building, though.

I’ve been playing for a little over 24 hours now, obviously not non-stop, and to be honest it hasn’t captured me. I’m not that bothered about continuing. It seems too complicated, and there are no clear goals. Pokémon was easy, collecting as many as possible, but this has too many screens of things to find and tasks to complete.

1 Like

I’ve started playing too very similar in some ways to Pokémon go and Ingres however still trying to figure things out.

same here.

mobile data intensive too.

uninstalled

Pokémon Go - 6700 0567 2524
Wizards Unite - 4509 3529 3275

I play Pokémon more but am active on both to be honest.

The game mechanics are definitely more involved :sweat_smile:

If you go into Settings > Download All Assets

Maybe less intensive, one big download. Not verified, only downloaded today.

Added you.

Mine: 1769 4746 2382

Not sure at this stage whether I’ll play much if at all, but giving it a go…

Mine is 1883 2507 7325

If we’re sharing ‘friend codes’, mine is 7074 3493 3872

It’s very similar to Pokemon Go, but I do like the storyline better (mainly because I understand it). They’re again using the data from Ingress to provide the Inns/Greenhouses/Fortresses (which means that anyone that plays this in Barrow has me to thank :stuck_out_tongue:).

I played a bit yesterday, and I found it fun… I may stick with it :slight_smile:

Mine is 3886 5387 8167

Mine is 8016 4951 7880

I’m Harry Potter obsessed so I’ll be on it all the time haha.

I need more inns near me for spell energy :sob::sob::sob::sob:

I’ve found that I’m enjoying the story more too, which surprised me because I love Pokemon and Pokemon Go would have been a dream come true for 10 year old me!

I also love Harry Potter though, and this just seems more…bulked out, compared to just catching Pokemon. It definitely does feel like a lot to take in when you first start out though.

(My code is 0207 9706 7248)

I don’t think I’ve gotten over that hill yet, but I’ve only played for 20 minutes or less.

Still not really sure what a foundable is or why it’s important, or really what the objective is :joy: