Get Paid Early (Discussion)

I’ve just asked the question to Monzo. Pay early will not work until after 4pm. So sit tight, it could still happen!

I’m just going to be sat in front of my phone waiting till 4pm now :sob:

2 Likes

Didn’t get anything in mine!

Me neither

Me threether

Me forether :frowning_face:

Me fever :face_vomiting:

Got mine early today. Realised its messed up my summary though - but now I’ve changed my summary period starting from 28th to 27th so that’s sorted it!

2 Likes

Am I the only one that who thinks it might be better not to launch this feature/gimmick (depending on your point of view) and instead let Monzo earn some interest on it overnight - given the losses shown in their annual report?

1 Like

Consumers wouldn’t like to hear this - imagine the press of bank withholding money to make a profit.

Besides, Monzo are giving access to the money before they have it, it’s not that they were withholding it before.

4 Likes

So they are actively introducing optional features that will actually cost them money?

That sounds crazy ATM given their losses and their other efforts to generate revenue (Plus etc)… In fact perhaps it should be a Plus feature! :laughing:

It won’t cost them anything really. They are giving you money that you will be getting in a few hours time anyway. Most “legacy” banks operate this way already they just don’t give you the option to receive early or not.

8 Likes

I didn’t get the notification, but still great to see feedback from those who did. :raised_hands:

1 Like

It’s just a couple actually - and the number has reduced over the years.

If Monzo haven’t even received the funds, then they are using their own funds - which will cost them money.

It’s almost like they know how to run a successful bank better than you, isn’t it?

1 Like

Doesn’t actually mean they are right though :wink:

Hi please can someone help me. I get paid on the last working day of the month, which is tomorrow.

This will be the 3rd time my salary is paid to my monzo account. The last 2 times I could see the credit greyed out the day before and it was available at 1am

I am supposed to be getting paid tomorrow friday but I csnt see the money on the monzo app greyed out. Does this mean something has gone wrong somewhere? Or will the money arrive as usual but for some reason not showing at the moment?

Anyone had this before ?

The money will show up as normal, there’s probably an error for why it isn’t showing up in ‘upcoming’

1 Like

when is this gonna be rolled out

1 Like

When it is ready for wide scale release. :soon:

1 Like