Freetrade: Free Share Trading

Yes! We have planned the first batches to be 100 users each, and we’ll increase the size as we go.

A LOT of people started signing up and referring others, so some sliding down is normal. I wouldn’t worry about it.

3 Likes

We haven’t enabled live trading for customers yet!

As the rollout has just begun, the engineering team is completing final security testing, and the ops team is busy optimising transaction reporting (a regulatory requirement).

3 Likes

How long will until you start onbaording the first batches of users?

We aim to on-board everyone as fast as we can, but we also want to be transparent and make sure we don’t make claims we are not 100% we can deliver. There is too much of that in the startup world, and it’s something we learnt as well.

It took some time the get a full stockbroker built (think e.g. how long challenger banks took/are taking to offer the real thing: current accounts). Now our foundation is in place, we want to bring customers on board in a controlled, responsible manner, to optimise and make sure everyone has an awesome experience. That wouldn’t be possible with tens of thousands of customers from day one.

We want you on board and investing as soon as we can though, and we are looking to responsibly accelerate when we can!

8 Likes

Fair enough - thanks for the reply :+1: good luck with it. Waiting with anticipation :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Until those final tasks are complete! I know this isn’t as specific as we’d all prefer. But we only make promises we can guarantee. We’ll share the date as soon as we can! Not much longer, that’s for sure.

3 Likes

You know you’re in stockbroking, right?

7 Likes

We heard it was a murky sector. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Do you plan to support Apple Pay? :trollface:

5 Likes

17 referrals got me 69th place on the waiting list!

2 Likes

Please do! :heart: https://community.freetrade.io/

See you over there!

8 Likes

:fire: I’m having difficulty choosing a suitable username… given they’re all available aha. Is the username for life, or can it be changed afterwards?
imageimageimageimage

Second one is gold! :joy:

1 Like

Although it’s tempting, I wouldn’t want to bear the weight that comes with impersonating the brand :smile: No but seriously, too much choice is paralysing… I may just keep it simple & use my first name like the rest of the 3Trade staff have done

1 Like

Now, you’ll fit right in! :angel:

Thanks for kicking the tires. :pray: We’re adding a few hundred more reserved usernames.

2 Likes

I’m already in as v18n.

3 Likes

:worried: :running_man: :eyes: :relieved: :wink:

A few interesting threads:

5 Likes

:smile:
I settled on a key pillar of finance as a username:

Made my first contributions to the 3trade forum & look forward to seeing it grow :rocket:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Apologies if this has already been asked here @v18n but are there any plans at Freetrade to introduce the following:

• Opening market access to Euronext/FWD
  • Level 2 data
  • The ability to access GDRs traded through the International Order Book?

I am really very excited for the launch!

1 Like