Flux: thank you and goodbye

I don’t want to be rude with Sam posting and helping, but… dreadful.

1 Like

:joy: don’t worry, please be as honest as you like! This is a beta, so we’re testing and learning. If these ones don’t do it for you, let us know what you’d prefer and we’ll see what we can do!

All offers are with the retailers they currently have onboarded. Which unfortunately means the problem mentioned above where lack of nationwide retailers means lack of available offers to redeem.

So for example there is only just eat that can be used for northern irish users, itsu etc have no presence in ni.

Feedback on everything else:

Lovely sign up, magic links works well, great knowing once i have added the offer i dont need to do anything else (i assume) before actually making the purchase.

Will give some feedback on the actual process once i do redeem the offer.

One bit of feedback is if someone is unsure if their flux email is indeed the same one linked to their card how will they know? I have a starling and monzo card, i think they both are linked to the same email but im not certain. Would be very unfortunate if i used the wrong card linked to wrong account by accident

Will the offers work if I pay with my joint account card, or is it only for the personal account?

This is a very good question - at the moment, if you’ve got your Starling and Monzo accounts both set up with the same email address (like I do), the offer will be activated on both of your cards, so it’ll automatically redeem the first time you shop and meet the criteria of the offer, regardless of which card you use.

An unanswered question we have is whether people would prefer to choose which card it’s activated on (where they have multiple cards). What do you think?

2 Likes

Another great question - at the moment, it’s only personal accounts that can redeem the offer. Joint accounts are a bit more complex as there are two account holders and two cards, but the funds are shared. So we need to have a bit more of a think on the legal side what the best way of approaching that is.

3 Likes

Aside from stating the obvious and saying something like Tesco, it’s the bigger places where I’m likely to spend my money.

I doesn’t need to be huge, even if it’s 1%, but if that comes back to me with zero effort then that’s great.

The current offers;

Pure - Free drink - Good offer, not sure I’ve ever seen one?
Papa Johns - £7.50 back when you buy two - Great offer but not one anywhere near me
Re-store - 20% off when you spend £20 - Never heard of them
Amala-Chai - 50% off everything! Great offer - Never heard of them
Itsu - Meal for £5 - Not bad, none near me
JustEat - 50% off an item when you spend £15

Maybe I’m just moaning because I want offers purely tailored to me and if you’d swapped Papa Johns for Dominos or Pure for Fuel, I might be more positive.

3 Likes

I think the current solution would work best, id personally want it to work on both cards to stop the risk of making a purchase on a card id forgotten to load the offer to if that makes sense.

Overall though good job with this, looking forward to using the offer at the weekend when i get my next takeaway :+1:

2 Likes

Is this 50% off the whole order, or off a randomly selected item in the order? :joy:

I think it will be the cheapest option.

So your £15 pizza will be full price, but the giant pot of sauce to dip into that should be £1.50 will now be 75p :smiley:

Are Apple Pay payments eligible? They aren’t listed in the exclusions but also aren’t directly a card transaction?

Thanks for this - that’s an interesting point about the cashback amount being lower, but more frequent. I’ll be sure to pass this along!

Other way around - it’s the most expensive item :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Morning @samantha.flux - great update! :+1:t3: :smiley:

I’ve just signed up for Flux offers beta, and have some initial thoughts before attempting to redeem any offers:

• Is there a space I can see available offers in the Monzo app? Or is the Flux desktop the only place I can see these offers? :eyes:

• I’m almost put off by the 30-day deadline to redeem an offer - if it’s being offered to me because of my loyalty or usage of the product, then I’d hope that I could redeem the offer in my own time. :pray:t3:

• How will this work with Virtual Cards that have been created? If I’ve set up a Monzo Virtual Card for eating out, and I use this redeem an offer with Just Eat, will I receive the cashback/reward as the purchase hasn’t been completed by my linked Monzo debit card - or has it? :sweat_smile:

I’ll post more feedback once I’ve redeemed an offer, but it all looks great! I know it’s been said before - but if you added some of the high street supermarkets (Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Aldi etc) to use Flux - this would be an absolute game-changer! Great work team! :raised_hands:t3: :grin:

2 Likes

Apple and Google pay transactions should work fine for these offers. Something to watch out for though is for the online merchants (PJs and Just Eat), if you pay with alternative payment providers like Paypal, Klarna, or Visa Checkout you may not get a receipt and the cashback may not trigger. But as long as you’re just using the normal checkout process, you’ll be fine :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Ricky - cheers for this, will share your feedback with the team :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Really good question re: virtual cards, and one I don’t have the answer to! Let me have a chat with the engineers and come back to you :pray:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks Samantha! :blush:

One other thing I’ve noticed recently - my most recent Just Eat purchases haven’t generated receipts, but Flux is still linked to my account and I’ve been using my Monzo (main) account to complete the purchase.

Are there any triggers that will stop Flux tracking this and issuing a receipt in the app? I sometimes use a cashback website to track my purchases/rewards, and sometimes make a purchase from desktop rather than phone, and I wondered if these instances would stop the receipt being generated? Many thanks! :grin:

Just used the JustEat offer and it worked seamlessly. 5/7

2 Likes

Hey Ricky - we’ve tested the offers with virtual cards on our side and it seems to work smoothly :tada: So you should be fine if you choose to pay with one.

On the Just Eat receipts, none of those things should impact you receiving a receipt :thinking: A few weeks ago we had an issue with a mismatched BIN which caused some JE receipts not to match. I believe this has been fixed now and the receipts have been backdated - if it’s not too much trouble, it’d be great if you could check for me. If there are still some missing, please DM me with a screenshot and I’ll dig into it for you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Awesome news about the virtual cards, thanks for testing so quickly! :wrench: :tada:

Ah, bizarre! I’ll drop you a DM with some screenshots shortly! Thanks again for your updates and work with Flux - it’s much appreciated :grin:

2 Likes