Flux: thank you and goodbye

Same here. Instant receipt of cash back last week on the JustEat offer.

What kind of offers do they have?

Very limited when I last looked but probably due to it just being a trial had one for just eat and papa johns

Currently on offer

3 Likes

Not a great deal, to be fair! The JustEat offer was 50% off the most expensive item on your order. The only other one I recall was x% off at - I think - Sunglasses Hut.

1 Like

So basically just the generic run of the mill offers you can get everywhere else. I’ll not hold my breath for anything groundbreaking.

1 Like

They are still throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks I guess!

2 Likes

Is it restricted or more heavily weighted to retailers they have partnered with for receipts?

Morning everyone :wave:

I wanted to let you know that we have a couple of exciting announcements today :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: First, we’re now live with digital receipts for four new retailers:

1. Burgerism in Manchester
  2. Farmer J in London
  3. Amala Chai in London
  4. Re:store in London

Receipts are currently available in-store only, except for Burgerism which is online. These are all local retailers so I appreciate that many of you won’t be able to test them - but don’t worry, we’ve got three nationwide retailers (all non F&B) that we’re working to get live in the next few months. It seems that we’ve finally emerged from the industry standstill caused by Covid, with a lot of older conversations being picked up again. So I can confidently say that these four are only the beginning of what will be many more in the coming months!

Secondly, we’re super excited to say that we’re now ready to release the Flux offers beta to a wider audience :tada: Anyone with a Monzo or Starling account can now access and redeem Flux Offers. All you need to do is log in with the same email address you’ve linked to your banking app. Any offers you activate will be automatically linked to your card and redeemed the next time you shop (and meet the offer criteria of course).

Flux Offers is very much still a beta product, so I’d love to hear your feedback about the different aspects of the platform, such as how it looks, how easy it is to use, and what you think of the offers themselves. We’ll be collecting feedback throughout the beta period (around 4-6 weeks) and will use that to directly inform the future direction of the product, so anything you can share with me is super valuable! :pray:

If you have any questions or run into any issues using the platform please give me a shout here or DM me if you prefer. Can’t wait to hear what you think! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

I understand getting national chains is hard but if you can get exclusive London merchants, how about some more exclusive northern ones?

It’s very weighted currently, even with some of the “national” merchants you have onboard. So other than KFC (which is few and far between) I still don’t have any use for Flux :pensive:

5 Likes

Hi. Thanks for letting us know. I noticed some of the wording on the offers mentions only a ‘flux-linked Starling card’ and not Monzo.

Guessing that’s just a cosmetic issue and the offers will still work?

Ahh! Good spot, they are each meant to say “Flux linked Monzo or Starling” - I’ll ask the team to triple check them all now. If you activate them, they’ll still work on your Monzo card, it’s just a cosmetic issue :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Thanks! One other bit of feedback was that I found the site much trickier to navigate using a desktop machine. The sign up flow was great but I didn’t find it intuitive to scroll through the carousel of offers - I missed the little bars at the bottom for a while. On my phone, it was much easier as it was more natural to swipe left and right.

I hear you - it must be really frustrating as someone who lives up North. It’s frustrating to me, too! It’s going to take time to re-balance things but I’m really hoping that some of the national retailers in the pipeline at the moment will help with that :crossed_fingers:

In conjunction with continuing to approach nationwide retailers, we’ve also started reaching out to smaller retailers in a small geographic area to test whether it’s possible to quickly build up density in one spot at a time. We’ve started in East London purely because there are thousands of small retailers in a relatively small space, but we’re definitely open to switching the area up if it proves to be an approach that works. I’ll feed this back through to them in any case!

2 Likes

Why does it have to be the same email address? I’m someone who sticks to exclusive emails per application I register to reduce any risk etc, and this seems…… unnecessary?

1 Like

Good question - it’s because we use a magic link to manage the security of the platform. Your Flux account is tied to your email address that you used to set up your banking app - there is a unique alpha numerical “ID” we use internally for your account, but there’s no way for you to know that and so you can’t set up your account with it. So, the only way that you can identify your account is with the linked email address.

I’d be interested to know your thoughts on using the magic link, actually. We decided to go with this approach as it’s harder to hack than a username and password, and we thought it might be easier for people in terms of not having to remember another set of login details. What do you think about that? Would you prefer to create a separate login and just verify the account with your email as part of the onboarding?

1 Like

I’d prefer to use a specific email for flux, and then just use my bank’s email address for confirmation of the bank account with Flux not storing that email address at all.

I fully appreciate what you’re saying, but it seems like it’s almost there from a secure option with magic links, but requiring the same as my banking email just doesn’t sit fully right with me unfortunately.

1 Like

That’s really good feedback, thanks! I’ll pass this along to the product team to consider :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe I’m the other end of the security conscious (whether I should be is another matter!) but I much prefer this way.

If I’d had to jump through registration hoops, verify, link to my account, I probably wouldn’t have bothered.

7 Likes

And that’s fair – maybe it could be an optional thing. ie. if they can’t match the email address up, they could ask for your email after you’ve registered?

What are the offers like that are on offer? :eyes:

1 Like