Flux: thank you and goodbye

Hi @samantha.flux, any updates you can provide to us? :eyes:

1 Like

Greggs, please just get Greggs!

1 Like

I do feel they’re struggling to get brands onboard - there’s been very little from them for a long while.

Even the Costa coming soon wasn’t quite what it implied…

3 Likes

Hey Nathan :wave: Assuming all goes to schedule, there’ll be an announcement (or two!) in the next few weeks but I can’t give any more than that I’m afraid. I can tell you we’ve signed a number of contracts in the past month though :speak_no_evil:

13 Likes

Morning all! :wave:

Super pleased to be able to share this new merchant announcement with you today! https://blog.tryflux.com/flux-welcomes-five-new-merchants-just-in-time-for-the-holidays-8f974b09d714

We were actually hoping to have another huge nationwide retailer ready to go so we could bombard you before Christmas :joy: but the stars didn’t quite align, so that one’s being saved for January - something to look forward to :slightly_smiling_face:

Please check out as many of the different brands as you can and test away for us - if there’s any issues at all, drop me a line here or at help@tryflux.com and I’ll check it out for you!

12 Likes

This is amazing love that Japan Centre is there as I have a local in my area :slight_smile: and I use the site too wooo awesome works guys <3

1 Like

Nothing local to me :cry: but frankly I’m just happy more merchants are coming on board, which can only be a good thing after a bit of a period of silence. Hopefully the one being saved for January will be top notch.

5 Likes

We’re not covering online transactions (yet!), but all the stores should be up and running from today :green_heart:

1 Like

Why are some of the stores (eg. Ed’s Diner in Cheshire Oaks) not enabled currently?

Because this is the first time we’re bringing a number of different merchants online at the same time, we’re being extra careful with the stores we’re announcing as live. Those that we’ve said are ‘coming soon’ are stores where we want to take the time to make sure everything looks right before we announce them as fully supported. We just need to do a little extra testing to see what’s happening at those stores and make any changes we need to get everything running smoothly :smile:

3 Likes

Ah okay, that sucks, but is fair.

2 Likes

Hopefully they won’t be too far behind :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s great news, i do have one question though if you don’t mind, why are all the merchants you have except Schuh eateries/cafes etc? Is it just a coincidence or have you targeted hospitality for a reason?

Is there any plans to try and get more actual retail chains/stores on board rather than just restaurants?

Still don’t know why anyone would need the receipt for a burger/fried chicken/Japanese teabags/whatever attached to their banking app for all time.

Get some big groceries/shopping players signed up.

2 Likes

Expenses claims. Makes this a hell of a lot easier than the current process of keeping paper receipts (sometimes not printed), remembering to scan and upload and then attach somewhere.

This kills all those extra steps. Particularly for fast food venues.

1 Like

What happened to Costa?!

2 Likes

Can you print out the receipts?

If your phone allows, sure.

My company accepts screenshots of the receipt.

1 Like

It’s a bit of both - the cool thing about hospitality is that they have a high frequency of transactions. So it’s awesome for us to be able to reach more people and generate more receipts (and save more trees :herb:). But we’re in conversations with pretty much every other industry, so it’s not that we’re only targeting them - it’s just that in these cases, they’ve got over the line first :slightly_smiling_face:

2020 is going to see us branching out into lots of other industries and working on lots of other cool stuff like product returns and expensing - it’s gonna be a big year for us! :v:t4:

12 Likes

Me neither, it just seems pointless. For expenses, are they tax receipts or not? If not it seems like the limited use case is even more limited? What is the workflow - screenshot your receipt in app then submit that? Again that seems pointless when you have a perfectly good receipt to submit anyway? Just an extra step?

1 Like