Flux: thank you and goodbye

Or work on OCR paper reciepts to digital reciept thereby skipping the need and also creating a new feature :rofl:

Looks like flux have fixed whatever issue stopped the transaction from appearing in my feed. :slight_smile:

Not for me :cry:

Must be because I used Android pay :slightly_frowning_face:

Hopefully they can overcome the android pay issue (and the kiosks). Been a while since I’ve got my card out my wallet, I android pay everything!

4 Likes

Seems they’ve formed a new partnership with Schuh!

7 Likes

The N26 weird arm has gone rogue!

3 Likes

Another nationwide retailer :clap:

Should make it less awkward than having to spell you’re email for them while they type it out on a wall mounted POS terminal. :laughing:

Could I just ask if Costa is now working with Flux or only on a trial basis at the moment?
I’ve been to Costa twice this week and no detailed receipts :frowning:
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

As far as im aware it was on a limited pilot with some Costa stores.

They had said it was really close to having a full launch soon back in February but no update has been made since unfortunately

M&S are looking to start trialling digital receipts sometime in September. Wether that’s email, Flux or linked to their loyalty card I have no idea. 🤷 Fingers crossed for Flux obviously.

3 Likes

I’m curious about something, and apologies if it has already been covered.

What is the point (apart from the cool factor)?

Would people actually keep a receipt from KFC or a coffee shop? If not, what is the point in having a digital version? For a high value item I would want a receipt from the merchant directly (whether by email or printed). The whole environmental factor about saving paper receipts feels like virtue signalling when you have likely just bought something with a plastic wrapper.

Digital loyalty points I totally get, but it is not really the thing that people talk about the most - perhaps the marketing is all wrong and that should be the main selling point?

1 Like

It’s often not about the receipt itself, it’s about the data and building simplified processes around them.

In ten years or so I expect that the modern equivalent of MyFitnessPal will be able to pick up what I’ve eaten from receipt data (or at least suggest things I might have eaten).

I expect food companies to let you rate a product via receipt data or Amazon to allow you to initiate a return from your receipt.

I also expect companies will want to enable a “buy it again” or “share this item on social media” option from your receipt.

It’s even the simple stuff like being able to potentially search Monzo in the future for “Vans” to find the shoes you bought instead of having to remember you got it from Schuh. It even can help fix the common problem of categorisation… Tesco for instance could be any number of categories based on whether you were buying your week’s shopping, your lunch or petrol. It’s much more interesting to know you spent £110 this year on shampoo than it is that you spent £600 on personal care.

It even gives the potential to suggest savings. Monzo can start to suggest that you could save £10/week by buying your daily Pepsi Max from a store 100m further down the road, or it can even suggest special offers for things you regularly buy.

11 Likes

Basically, its a Data miners dream(marketers as well). I wonder if there will be the option to Opt out as I can definitely see a downside to this if its implemented how I’m thinking.

1 Like

Opt out of what?

Wouldn’t you just not download/sign up to Flux?

I think Flux is a good idea. What I don’t want is someone to use that information to predict the next time I am going to go get fast food at 2am and then try and market it to me.
So the ability to Opt out of any predictive algorithms and marketing Ploys is what consent I would want.

1 Like

People who want to claim back for expenses will.

Every little helps id say, given the choice of an receipt that is not recyclable and one that is virtual id know which id rather to be the default.

Why? If this flux receipt was accepted for refunds/warranty I cannot see why you would? Its alot easier to misplace a printed receipt than an embedded one

8 Likes

This may well have been mentioned given the number of replies in here, but I’d be really interested to see a partnership with the supermarkets and be able to pull out the nutrition data for all the food I purchase.

7 Likes

Which makes a digital receipt redundant anyhow if you have to submit it.

Personally I don’t subscribe to that, it is nothing more than virtue signalling. If people ACTUALLY wanted to make a change, instead of having a digital company receipt do it for them, they would recycle more and cut down on plastic usage (for example). Either of those would have a far far greater impact.

Because I don’t want to hand over (to anyone) or post my phone when something needs returning.

Users are nothing more than a data source for another company to profit from. Do you think Flux really care about the environment, or do they just want to turn a profit by selling your data?

Edit - I’m all for the loyalty aspect of it.

1 Like

We have to scan ours in. I think the requirements are that they are VAT receipts and are itemised, which you could do with a screenshot (although being able to push data to expense systems automagically is the dream).

2 Likes