First Direct chat

It’s the same reason road signs aren’t in capitals too, it’s harder to recognise words quickly if they’re all caps. Your brain looks picks up the start and ends of words and fills the rest in.

3 Likes

I’ve no idea who thought this was in any way going to drive signups, but it made me laugh at least.

And In no way did I think of this dude, no, not at all. Clearly too young…

2 Likes

It’s shocking. The web page was shocking.

Not sure of the demographic they are aiming towards :rofl:

1 Like

I didn’t even realise they’de done that!

Urgh, absolute cringe :joy: :joy:

Honestly, if the app wasn’t so damn good looking I’d be exiting stage left, they’re great but I don’t think they know what the “yoof of today” like. They probably think they’re waiting for the next Bros Brothers single to hit the wireless…

1 Like

Does seem they wanna grab the younger crowd with the ridiculousness of it all.

Need to up the tech first before the crowds come flocking.

The black and white is :heart: along with the simplicity.

2 Likes

Terrible advert. Doesn’t explain how first direct will help. Will probably annoy people by reminding them how little money they have and how everything is becoming more expensive. Not good.

1 Like

From day one we disrupted what banking looked like, bringing you a revolutionary branchless bank experience, so you could bank from home anytime you wanted, 24 hours a day. We’ve continued to innovate ever since.

I haven’t seen any innovation whatsoever this side of the millennium…

5 Likes

First Direct have a history of weird adverts. Years ago we were subjected to Barry the platypus:

2 Likes

and still using 2 logos :grimacing:

But I’m a biased a Helvetica hun

Most road signs are pictorial, although road works signs are all caps.

1 Like

I mean like directional signs with town names etc, the words are not in capitals as they used to be decades ago as it’s harder to read.

2 Likes

That advert is… a choice. Desperately trying to appeal to “the youths” like NatWest are…

3 Likes

NatWest do not do it well. I cringe when those ads come up… why can’t they just have a trustworthy, professional(ish) but human brand image, as opposed to oooh we are hip and down with the kiddos.

2 Likes

Definitive NatWest advert:

4 Likes

What a tune!

4 Likes

I always like the Lloyds adverts with the horses feels a bit iconic and that.

2 Likes

Me too, sadly one of the reasons I wanted to open an account with Lloyds, just so I could get a card with the horse on. :joy:

2 Likes

Think I’d :poop: myself if I went for a jog and a black horse started running by me from nowhere.

4 Likes

Anyone in FDesign seen the survey on first direct’s Homebuying app in development?

I wish they would focus more on their main app than things like this!

1 Like

Yeah I stopped watching the video half way through but I’m not sure it’s really necessary to have a standalone app with steps for buying a house instead of just content online.

2 Likes