Monzo (it struggled to Refresh)
Facebook
Messenger
WhatsApp
DNSChecker.org (can’t search anything)

I don’t think Monzo are part of the Facebook family

And it’s fine for me

2 Likes

On twitter there was a user who posted a picture of “apparently” Facebook.com and it read Facebook.com is for sale.

With a caption of “Someone has changed the DNS” not sure how true this is. Maybe they have been hacked and they’ve disabled all services until they investigate and find out what services are affected?

Trying to find this bloody tweet but can’t find it now.

Not a DNS issue as such - reports are that FB pushed a config change which took their BGP routes down and locked themselves out of the switches/routers. Hence their networks are all offline (including DNS servers).

2 Likes

Looks like BGP from what people are saying

Or the start of 10 days of darkness before Trump regains power :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

It’s always DNS. Even when it’s not DNS it’s DNS

:joy: oops. That Monday feeling though

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking.

Rule 2

Rule 1 being: Users lie

Omg oh no

So true. I used to manage DNS for a large organisation and often got the blame…

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to a nice quiet evening without WhatsApp or Instagram bugging me.

I don’t use Facebook so don’t care :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t know if this was real or not. Seems like they should have been doing something else at the time

2 Likes

You don’t want to get on the wrong side of your Incident Manager. Ours was like a dog with a bone.

2 Likes

Happy with a wagging tail? :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I wish :laughing:

1 Like

But fear not…… the Zuckerberg is at hand trying to fix it

2 Likes

Yes, i’ll have Faceboo.org

1 Like

I’ve had problems with data not working on EE. It seems like EE data is down too. A lot of people are saying on Twitter

A number of US network providers are also down.

No issues with EE data, but can’t get into the app

Ah, now that is DNS! If I enable iCloud Private Relay on my iPhone, everything works fine. Private Relay uses a form of DoH, thus bypassing EE’s DNS servers.

4 Likes