Emma Feedback Thread / Q&A

When Apple approves it, either tonight or tomorrow.

2 Likes

Have they finished with their backlog yet? App build processing has been slow recently :frowning:

@edo1493, would it be feasible to make a widget so you can have the payday countdown on your homescreen? Just as a little something to give us poor wage slaves something to look forward to :sweat_smile:

I know you guys are busy making your app even better (I love the payday integration!), but thought I’d put this out there. Please keep up the good work and thank you for making this app! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey @rhebden, do you mean on Android/iOS home screens? That would be cool. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@edo1493 Yes! It would be so nice to see when I unlock my phone :money_mouth_face:

payday-is-coming

:grin:

1 Like

I’ll have Sean bean to see as above when I unlock my phone sounds good. :wink:

1 Like

There are already lots of free countdown timer widgets which you could use for this, e.g.

Not sure what the added value to having it provided by Emma would be

1 Like

@o99 I get paid on the last working day every month but Emma predicts it correctly (unlike Monzo…). The short answer is that I’m too lazy to manually input a new date every month. I like things where you can just set it and forget it. Will take a look at this app and see if I can count down to the last working day of the month, though! Thanks for linking it :blush:

On that note, though, @edo1493, there is one thing about payday predictions I would like to mention: some months (usually December) some company payrolls pay on a different date than normal. For example, where I work we normally get paid on the last working day of the month, but in December it’s on or before the 20th. I understand this would not be an immediate priority, but would there be any way of adding an option to say “This month my payday is different,” as a one-off so that the predictions aren’t messed up when Payroll do their thing (messing up my routine :sweat_smile:)?

3 Likes

I have no reason to recommend that specific app. It was just one I picked somewhat randomly from the many that seem to be available. If that app does not do it, perhaps there is another one with a last working day of month rule.

1 Like

Thanks on the first point. We worked really hard to build accurate predictions.

We already take into account every single public holiday / weekends and so on. I don’t think we handle the December case, but we also have 6 more months to fix it. :wink:

Also even if the countdown is wrong, the app should be able to close the cycle if it sees payday coming in.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

we have just released a tool that lets you track down every single bank fee!

9 Likes

This is a great feature, I’m sure some people will be shocked when they see the results.

I was surprised to see such high overall figures! Is the idea behind the Fee Tracker just to highlight to users how much they’re paying or will it link to resources for making a complaint or switching banks?

Thanks!

Yes, that’s a nice suggestion and we are looking to expand in financial advice later on. :wink:

It looks great so far! Picked up my Monzo overdraft fees

1 Like

Thank you very much!

You should make it so when bank charges are detected it compares them to partner challenger banks (which would be zero, besides overdraft charges) . Any idea is a good idea when it comes to taking people away from legacy rust!

Alongside these three main categories, we have other types such as late payments and refused direct debits, with charges up to £5!

Nationwide used to charge 12£ for declined DD’s last time I believe. :scream:

2 Likes

That’s a nice suggestion! Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

It must be for the good of its members! I had forgotten that representing false Boolean values cost about £12 in energy costs :roll_eyes:

1 Like

We are waiting for Paypal, Capital One and MBNA.

1 Like

Of course, I forgot 7 more, which are coming in August and are not banks.

1 Like