Emma Feedback Thread / Q&A

Our focus right now is to push out the new design this month and a major release coming late September. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Have you guys considered surveying your users to see what the most common 3rd party finance apps would be?

1 Like

One of us is going to have to change our name, your emails are still giving me an existential crisis

9 Likes

Whenever I see a particularly good post from you, I often wonder if i should pop in here to congratulate you on it. :thinking::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

We are talking with all of them. If they say yes, we integrate. If they say no, you bother them till they build an API. :wink:

If you guys are in Crypto, you should see this: https://twitter.com/emma_finance/status/1037700300986048512

This might be an interesting exercise…

Which banks or credit card providers would you most like to see added to Emma? (select up to 3)
It’s based on providers available through either Yolt or HSBC Connected Money, but not Emma.

• Allied Irish Bank
  • Aqua Credit Card
  • Capital One
  • Citibank
  • Clydesdale Bank
  • Danske Bank
  • First Trust Bank
  • John Lewis Credit Card
  • MBNA
  • Marks & Spencer Bank
  • National Savings & Investment
  • Post Office
  • Sainsbury’s Bank
  • Tesco Bank
  • Ulster Bank
  • Virgin Credit Card
  • Virgin Money
  • Yorkshire Bank
  • Other

0 voters

2 Likes

None of the above for me. I’d like to see building societies covered, though, mostly for savings/mortgages. It’s a long tail of providers but vital for a whole financial picture / net worth view.

(I’d also be happy to update this type of figure manually as they don’t change dramatically month on month. Or Emma could even predict balances based on transactions it sees elsewhere… :thinking:)

3 Likes

If you haven’t already done so perhaps you could select the ‘Other’ option so a picture could emerge of how many need other providers covered?

I deliberately restricted to only providers available through Yolt and HSBC (who seemingly don’t support any Building Societies other than Nationwide). The list could have been massive otherwise.

1 Like

Maybe the post should be editable and others could add the institutions they want the most, that would be more insightful.

1 Like

I’d rather not make the poll editable because I think some people would prefer their responses to this particular poll to be private. If many people can edit, it will increase the chances of someone inadvertently making the responses public. I also felt it was suitable to restrict it to the list of institutions available through Emma’s competitors.

However, if someone else does the leg work and produces a more comprehensive list of financial institutions, I’d be happy to update the poll.

The list should be in the following format

Allied Irish Bank
Aqua Credit Card
Capital One
etc

Personally, I think it should be restricted to Banks, Building Societies, and Credit Cards.

If people have Investment platforms or non-traditional financial service providers in mind, I think that should be a separate poll.

BUT, only with a proper API. Not interested in screenscrape!

2 Likes

I think you’ll be waiting a while for an account aggregator that doesn’t rely on screen scraping for most accounts.

So do I :pensive:

1 Like

We are looking at: Tesco, Virgin, MBNA and Capital One. They are the most popular after Paypal and Coinbase.

Yolt and Connected Money use Yodlee, so they should have the same number of banks available. We talked with Yodlee and decided not to go with them; this is why we don’t have this list available. We are considering other options to get the four I have mentioned above.

I don’t have a timeline yet, cause we are still discussing with potential providers/partners.

In terms of fintechs/services, if they have an API, we can integrate them in less than an hour and will keep adding more in the next 2 months.

2 Likes

What’s the problem with screenscrape? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @edo1493 - Any sign of NS&I on the horizon?

It’s in our backlog, but doesn’t have high priority. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doesn’t Connected Money use Bud?

That could be the reason why it doesn’t work. :joy:

Not least that it looks like it will be banned from the end of 2019, when the new RTS comes in.

RTS