Edit scheduled pot transfers

Voted. Was surprised to see that this wasn’t already implemented.

3 Likes

I don’t suppose this is on any radars yet is it?

2 Likes

Its surprising really, you’d think this would be a pretty simple job.

1 Like

Any possibility of this happening?

You’d hope so, I love Monzo, but there seems to me to be a load of relatively easy “tidy up” jobs that could be done (low hanging fruit as it were) to just finish off existing features and make everything that touch more user friendly that seem to get pushed to the bottom over big new feature changes … Why they dont just dedicate a small amount of resource to QA / bugs and finishing off jobs like this I have no idea (aside from obviously some kind of business decision prioritising new features over finishing off past ones properly) :angry:

1 Like

+100. I have been waiting for this feature when you have multiple pots and can’t edit the date is a shame

Surprised this still hasn’t been picked.

@simonb i know you mentioned on another thread about asking for updates, can we get one on this please and thanks?

Is this alot more complex than it seems to implement?

Got my salary day later, so I had to delete all my scheaduled “payments to pots” and re-add them :confused:
Why is it still not there, that feels like 1h work for one developer , specially when it is possible to edit external payments so all GUI is already there

You could use salary sorter, which is available when your salary payment is received (or any receipt over £100) to safely transfer amounts to your pots.

1 Like

Yeah. I jest ended up deleting my pot transfers completely since I sorted the money instead.

I still have some transfers coming out of pots I’d like to edit though…

1 Like

Which is what I have done now … and it may turn out to be a better solution if it works (see if the saving works and its easy to edit it each month if needed - if so, problem solved) … would have been nice to get some comms though even if it was “bear with us, we’re working on a solution” would have been nice.

Can we have custom scheduling so a payment into a pot every fortnight or on a particular date of each month?

You should be able to do that already :blush:

Here’s the options that are currently in the app for scheduled Pot payments :honey_pot:

If you head to a Pot, tap ‘Add’ (below the Pot) then press ‘Set Scheduled Deposit’ (at the bottom), you can pick and choose a recurring date :ok_hand:

Examples:

I can have £100 go into a Pot each month on the 31st (or the last day of a shorter month)

Or I could set it to be every 2 weeks :blush:

1 Like

I didn’t have to do anything since months thanks to scheaduled payments, so I am generally very happy about it, I just needs option to edit. The thing about salary sorter is that you need to do action by hand every month. Sure it is just 2 clicks, but scheaduled transfers most of the time don’t require any action at all.
Except edition I have other idea (it is not my, I saw it in other bank :laughing:) - it would be the best if scheaduled payments would just retry by themself next couple days before they will “fail and gave up”. There could be setting like “Retry in next X days in case of failure”
The same could be for all other scheaduled payments

2 Likes

Has anyone since January heard anything, or if this is even on their radar? Something legacy banks certainly have over Monzo despite it probably being a small issue in the scheme of them.

You mean since July '18

1 Like

+1 for edit pots

This would save me time/hassle most months , please get it on the list Monzo :slight_smile:

Same!

Another reason why salary sorter is inferior to Scheduled Transfers - you can’t edit it at time of yours choice, you need to wait for yours salary. I have pots like “YearlyLicence” where I put my money every month for apps yearly license.
This is process what requires time and sometimes Excel Sheet it is not something to do adhoc at the moment when my salary comes. Lets say I will decide to buy “HeadSpace” yearly license now, what should I do? Make a paper note saying “next time when I will see salary sorter, don’t forget to add 2.25 to License pot?”. It is not practical at all