Easy Jet/budget airlines

BA for me is a love-hate relationship

They were pretty difficult to deal with when they didn’t update my Avios/Tier points when I flew Qatar and Cathay Dragon (rebranded from Dragonair)

Now with the Amex Rewards card, I can throw my convert my points to many airlines (ideally which one gives me the best benefits)

Well, I had a horrible one. My flight was delayed by 3h which meant I missed my connection in Doha. I arrived at Singapore after the time my accommodation office was closing, the next day was a National Holiday and the office was closed all day. I did inform them of that at Doha. Qatar didn’t arrange alternative accommodation in Singapore and didn’t want me to stay in Doha for 2 nights either. They literally said that the fact I cannot collect my keys at Singapore at my destination is not their problem although the sole reason was because of their flight delay.

1 Like

You should have flown Norwegian :relieved::joy:
Welcome to Singapore anyways!

1 Like

+1 for ANZ

Ordering drinks to your seat using the IFE’s touchscreen that actually respond to touch is amazing

Plus it was in economy, too

1 Like

Snap! It was great!

Norwegian has cancelled the Singapore-London route and I’m DEVASTATED. No more £150 direct flights :weary::broken_heart:

https://onemileatatime.com/norwegian-cancels-singapore-flight/

2 Likes

What’s the next best option? Nothing near £150?

Nothing close! I think you could possibly get Emirates flights for £340+ if you are lucky… or Qatar for £280+? And they have one transit. Direct flights with Singapore Airlines usually go for about £750 last I checked.

It was only around for about a year… I guess they weren’t making enough money on it. Still devastated and a little offended that the article has described Singapore as a odd choice for a country in Asia to link to :joy:

1 Like

They were trying to subsidise it by taking a lot of cargo, but in the winter they couldn’t carry enough to make it work - so they are instead launching Gatwick to Rio.

Ahh Pão de Açúcar, Corcovado, Ipanema, Copacabana, wonderful place. Just remember to take your security team!

I’ve never been to Rio, but if it’s going to be £150 too I might be tempted.

1 Like

Had a quick look using Mo mondo :sunglasses: with target dates after Jan next year and this seems to be one of the cheapest.

‘Bored in Norwich’

3 Likes

Ooh I might look at that for future flights. That a return flight? Singapore Airlines is usually a lot more expensive (but nice air miles rewards and service :heart_eyes:) I’ve never flown with British Airways except for short flights (I think only Manchester to London :joy:, or to Spain). I tend to fly Emirates or Qatar since they have good prices and excellent service.
Ps I love mo mondo :sparkles:

1 Like

Yes, it’s return, just forgot to get you a screenshot showing date & times.

That is a very nice price for a return. They’ll definitely be able to move in on the gap Norwegian has left then. Thanks for the heads up :heartbeat:

Just a bit wary that I’m looking so far in advance and I don’t know what you’re travel plans are but at least it’s another option for you :white_check_mark:

Probably popping back over to rainy Manchester near Christmas so going to grab those Norwegian tickets while they’re still around. Wonder if there’s any chance of a Monzo social then :eyes: seeing as I’ve missed yesterday’s!

EasyJet have also just announced connections with Scoot who operate out of Berlin and Athens, with easyJet offering connections from the UK.

Scoot? That Singapore owned airline? I’ve flown with them once and it wasn’t… great. They’ve got really competitive rates with good last-minute prices, but I’ve found them worse than budget airlines in the UK/EU.

My experience with EasyJet has been a lot better. Bar that one time I accidentally booked my return ticket a month late and counter staff floundered about trying to help me book a replacement flight :joy: it was an expensive lesson… and I nearly missed my flight even though I got there three hours early! Queues to get through security in Amsterdam were the worst I’ve ever seen in an airport