Dress Code Discrimination?

You should be allowed to wear whatever you’re comfortable in. Clothes are there to serve a purpose (maintain body temperature and protect modesty), what they look like shouldn’t matter.

1 Like

However as I earn more per hour I have to work rather than the wife. It’s all individual though.

Sorry, not sure I follow?

I’m finishing before my wife. Each to their own but I work 50-60 hours she works 22. Enough said.

Oh, sorry.

Each to their own, absolutely.

I also do long work weeks, and my wife works part time.

I guess I’d just rather her retire early and not have to worry about work. Call me old fashioned.

Old fashioned. You did ask :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve worn shorts and t-shirts all week. Got a fan underneath my desk too, so my hairy legs get a nice breeze!

1 Like

They should make it the same, the government should be trying to reduce the difference in life expectancy more. The biological reasons for the difference is up in the air.

Yes it is unless they limit tops women can wear. My last company was strict across the board. Rather annoyingly I worked in IT & had to wear a bright yellow top for visibility except dress down Fri i & every Fri Id get the same idiots who didn’t work in IT & could wear what they wanted asking me, where’s youryellow top? Every Friday for two years. Drove me mad. Sorry I digress. I’d launch a grievance and check their dress code.

This whole “women can wear strappy tops” thing was a shocker for me. :exploding_head:

The dress code where I am is in the middle ages for both men and women. Shoulders of either gender are taboo and must never be seen! :see_no_evil: Same goes for knees (lower body garments must be at least knee length - people have been pulled for having things just above the knee/showing the knee, even though that’s what most shops sell ).

God forbid anyone of any gender wear shorts. The management would spontaneously combust on the spot! :fire::fire::fire:

I work in an office on an industrial estate. No customer interaction involved (unless the client visits the building, which almost never happens and they rarely even look at us lowly grunts anyway)

1 Like

My last company were like that. One rule for us in IT and everyone else got away with it. I’m trans and my new work place happy for me to go as me. Fairly relaxed anyway but I can wear clothes of either gender if the rules favoured one of them. :grin:

2 Likes