✅ Dark Mode

They probably just got rid of it for one day for advertising purposes, where else better to advertise upcoming features than a forum that probably only 1/3 of the customers use :smiley:

probably only 1/3 of the customers use

With 5.8 million+ customers I think the number is likely to be much, much, much lower

In fact 1.5k active users in the last month means the number is 0.025% (or lower)

4 Likes

I use dark mode in every place I can.

4 Likes

Why is the forum permanently on dark mode? Who’s been fiddling with knobs?

5 Likes

Yeah not a good move to force dark mode only :pensive:

It was a choice before, please leave it a choice because where I may want it for the app, I certainly don’t want it in my browser.

An administrator has unticked the box to give users a choice :confused:

2 Likes

Someone at Monzo clearly thought the forum’s Dark Mode would have been a bit of “marketing” fun, but has now probably lost their job, due to all the comments here. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It is the time of year for Gremlins…
gremlins2_standby

4 Likes

Much better! :sunglasses:

Where do I change this? I can’t find the light mode option.

I’ve been looking at the forum (and all other watched discourse forums) via the Dark theme since it became an option - the white is soooooooo bright. It looks wrong.

EDIT: but the timing of the ‘change’ and the tweet about the shortest (not darkest) day tomorrow is a bit
iDW_think

4 Likes

There isn’t one :frowning: but it should have switched back to light mode now by default.

Oooo a refresh does it.

1 Like

Ahem.

1 Like

There’s now ‘dark theme’ and ‘default theme’ in the burger menu. You have to select ‘default theme’ manually otherwise it stays dark.

4 Likes

Hang on, you’re… Steve Baker?

(Niche political commentary there).

If he is then I’m happy to finally find a way to speak to my MP :joy:

Has he blocked you on Whatsapp, too?

(Whatsapp has a dark mode. On topic. Phew.)

1 Like

Moan moan moan, embrace the darkness :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thank you! :pray:

Noir has full control over the dark mode CSS again to match my system settings. Much much easier on my eyes now it’s dark, and better contrast, so less strain.

No.

Dark mode, as ever, is cool at first because it’s new. But light is just all around better in most environments, though perhaps not for the health of your eyes.

For those who are curious, this one makes for a particularly interesting read.

2 Likes

There’s no point reading articles about which is better, dark mode is better for me end of story. It’s all down to people’s perspectives, an article isn’t going to change that ever. What works for me doesn’t work for others, but still… Embrace that darkness :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy:

5 Likes