Curve chat

Are Curve’s days numbered???
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

They will survive as long as others dont do the same and the USA companies dont do it as well.

3 Likes

They are about to launch Curve Credit soon so they will keep them going.

Isn’t it a case of if you accept Mastercard you must accept all Mastercards, I wouldn’t of thought companies can stop curve from being used.

Amex is a different story because it is it’s own payment network.

1 Like

I’m enjoying curve credit so far, just wish it was easier to make payments on to it to pay off earlier

Can you explain how it works. Do you need to have the money originally before you can spread the cost of it on credit?

For me I got a limit off £1000, don’t know how it was assessed, doesn’t show on my credit file anywhere,
Then payments of atleast £10 can be spread over 3,6,9,12 months interest free

Update… I’ve only used it for random transactions so far to see how it works. I did use it to pay for some yeezys over 3 months which are now paid off

1 Like

I like that. Do you have to be a metal user for it

I didn’t have Metal, I had legacy black,

I’ve had curve credit for quite a while.
I did change from monzo premium to curve metal yesterday though.

1 Like

I never moved down the waitlist so never bothered with it

Yeah thats exactly why I suspect Creation blocked them as it affects their target market, the same way the blocked klarna I believe.
I think curve might be waiting to find out what the new regulations are going to be given the gov regulator is looking at klarna and co as they can be very dangerous and have little regulation now.
RBS is toying with the idea of doing interest free on credit card purchases that are large as well it appears.

No the card issuer can decide what you can do with the card, the same way curve blocks purchases from crypto and gambling sites and a few other things.

3 Likes

Been trying to get them to close my account since Saturday afternoon, sent several emails and “chats” in app but absolutely no response from Curve.

Yep, CS seems to have disappeared along with all my old messages… It seemed to coincide with the last app update, but that may mean nothing

2 Likes

How anyone can use Curve, especially paid accounts, when their customer support is this bad is mind blowing.

2 Likes

That’s seems a bit of a salty and non relevant response….

Curve has always had terrible support sadly. When I tried to get a refund fixed they botched and didn’t pass on to me it took weeks. Worse still people keep saying message them on Twitter to get support faster which is beyond a joke.

1 Like

It’s disgusting that you have to contact a company on Twitter for customer support, a lot of people, me included, don’t have and don’t want a Twitter account.

4 Likes

Yeah I have Twitter but would refuse to use it to prod cs out of principle.

2 Likes

The response from the team member at Curve as to why they didn’t post about it in their forums is laughable.

To paraphrase, we’re busy so got a community moderator to post it. Would of taken staff member 2 minutes to write a post rather than then having to jump on the board to defend that decision :joy::sob:

1 Like

Damn, I invested in Curve during their last crowd funding…

Sigh you keep on using any thread to dig at monzo, you realise we are talking about curve here… please ease the salt…

1 Like