Curve chat

Still just polishing a turd.

3 Likes

Ha, invited to try this out in Beta. Tried to complete the form, one of the fields was malformed and wouldn’t allow input (“What are your monthly outgoings?”). Submitted anyway and was emailed to say that I had been unsuccessful. It invited you to contact them, and I emailed them and asked why. Heard nothing for a while, then they emailed back to say it was due to me not answering the above question. So I told them it wouldn’t allow input, then they came back the next day and said that it had happened to lots of people, and could I reapply? Well, no, because when you click on the Curve Credit Beta key, it just says “Sorry, not this time”…

“Oh” came back the reply, “we didn’t know that”. “Tell me what your outgoings are”. So I duly did, and they said you will have a response in 3 working days. 5 working days later, the same response. I’ve emailed them again, and they said “We’re looking into it”.

Add to that, the separate palaver with Curve Rewards, which they emailed thousands of people about, most of whom didn’t actually have it in the version they had, nor could they download an update.

Curve is run out of the backroom of a pub - well, at least it feels like that.

5 Likes

These look suspiciously similar to what I have in my Santander Everyday Account. Nothing there for me whatsoever, and they are supposed to be suited to the user. Hmmm.

I mention this below, but they apparently emailed thousands of people about, most of whom didn’t actually have the rewards tab in the version they had, nor could they download an update to install it. I raised it with support, and they were COMPLETELY clueless, asking me to delete the app and reinstall it, and all the cards with it. Er, no. Then they tried to claim it was because I was outside the UK (I’m not), then that the CARD was set outside the UK (it’s not). They were just winging it, as seems screamingly obvious.

1 Like

:joy:

My account has been closed for at least a year and I can still log back on to the app and see all the cards I had connected.

It’s astonishing that they haven’t had more trouble from the powers that be

1 Like

I imagine if someone made a fuss, they would, but a delivery from the brewery has just turned up.

Curve send is retiring in two months and go back in time is going back to 30 days time limit.

2 Likes

Curve like

2 Likes

The larger transaction limit for Go Back in Time is staying, which is good.

2 Likes

God so this is how rewards works and why they are keen for you to add your bank accounts so they can sell the data. So glad I stopped using curve ages ago.

2 Likes

The “value” of Curve, from an investor perspective, has always been in the ability for its data to provide a more complete picture of customer spending across multiple accounts. Not too dissimilar to Monzo’s original aim to be a “financial control centre” for all your money through the marketplace, although that was more supposed to be about using your data to leverage bespoke deals for you rather than to benefit Monzo.

The customer USP of “all your cards in one” doesn’t and can’t make money due to the way interchange works (and, in fact, it actually costs money) so this is no great surprise.

I’m slightly surprised Curve are being so open about it, but that’s actually a good thing. At least they are being frank with customers.

5 Likes

Curve has always been both a little bit tempting and a little bit I don’t get it to me. I’ve come close to seeing what it’s about a few times and signing up. But this seals it for me, and I’ll be staying away!

1 Like

They are discontinuing Curve Spend [Edit: Send] soon too, so it clearly didn’t work out.

What’s Curve Spend again?

3 Likes

He meant Curve Send, it’s just a way of sending money from Curve to other Curve users.

They will bring it back apparently when they’ve ironed out the limitations.

3 Likes

The only reason why I had a Curve card in the first place was because I used to have some bank cards that were old and didn’t even have contactless payment on them.

Then, when those cards were replaced, I was about to cancel Curve, and then they went and set themselves up in Apple Pay, which some of my credit cards still don’t support (at least in the UK - and I’m looking at you Capital One…).

However, I’ve found it to be a bit unreliable recently - transactions appearing to be declined at the till, but processed by Curve anyway and charged to my card but because the Till said no, I had to pay the shop directly again another way. Curve always sorted it out and give me a refund in the end (after 10 days) - but after the 3rd or 4th time, I just stopped using it.

3 Likes

We’re changing the way you log in to Curve, so that it’s simpler and more secure.

Rather than signing in with an email and password, we’re moving to a multi-factor authentication using mobile number, SMS and your existing passcode.

When will my login change?
In the next few days this will be introduced so you can sit back, update your app, and look forward to a smoother, more secure login.

What do I need to do?
When you open the app, you will see a prompt asking you to re-verify your phone number. Follow the instructions, enter your mobile number and the code that we send you.

Team Curve

1 Like

Looks like Creation are contacting everyone who uses one of their credit cards with Curve

I wonder what has made them adopt this policy…

1 Like

More than likely its because curve are going into the competitor market aka klarna. I believe they stopped allowing the card to be used with klarna as well.
My bank RBS added terms to allow them to charge any curve transaction as a cash transaction already although I believe they have not started the charge yet.
This was the biggest worry with curve, it can be cut off by the card companies.

2 Likes
1 Like

They said the same thing about Amex eep

5 Likes