Curve chat

I got an email today saying my Curve card will be blocked on Monday because of the Ticketmaster issue. This is less than ideal image

Me too. Replying to that email is a tiny bit concerning when I could have just sent a message in the app. Alas, my card is locked and I await the arrival of my new one.

Something similar happened to me and I asked via the in app chat, they were able to adjust my Curve Reward points.

One time I had to provide a receipt from Café Nero to prove it was made there, which is easy if you use the Nero app.

heads up on the set your underlying card currency feature - it’s not worrying for me at the moment, I set my tandem card to euros a week ago, a few transactions went through as Euros ok, but then they started appearing as converted to pounds with a note saying I’d saved on FX! I’ve queried it with them but after several days still no resolution - they’re looking into it.

1 Like

Signed up for Curve a few days ago. Still “currently pending approval”. The online help has a section on waitlist and says that i can check my position in the waitlist in the app, but i see no such option anywhere in the app. Asked support but nothing yet. Can anyone shed any light?

Also, I was asked to set a 4-digit pin, but the app doesn’t ask for it when I open it. That’s a little concerning …

The 4 digit PIN you set up was for your card.
You will need to set up a PIN for your app too.
This gives you the chance to make them different for increased security or the same for simplicity.

how long does curve card pending approval period take?
i’ve been waiting for 15 days and no info anywhere on progress…

I wonder if they have some problems, I’ve been waiting over a week for a response to my query re my card

1 Like

All your cards in one? Visa problems, Mastercard problems, payment processors’ problems. All in the past month or so. Good luck.

I never get support via app or email quickly, only way seems to be twitter direct messages!

1 Like

They finally got back to me - had to re-add the card, but they compensated me for all of the incorrect transactions.

1 Like

Are you comfortable with open banking? I mean, isn’t it better if one of your banks doesn’t know all details about your spending habits from your other bank?

1 Like

Use referral code UXWSM for free £5 - I get £5 too

I can’t wait till I get Curve! I have a card which is abroad but now I don’t have to worry about posting it (it is an active card!). :scream:
I can simply add it to Curve and problem solved :smiley:

1 Like

If it’s a new card abroad, make sure it’s been had a ATM balance check, or a mini online transaction, one of my credit cards added to it wouldn’t work until I had used it else where (Apologies if you already know this, just its a long way to go away from your card and not know.)

1 Like

Some banks require a card-present transaction at one of their own ATMs before the card can be used for anything else.

2 Likes

Thanks :wink: Instead of having to use the card to activate it I could (and did) activate it online (much like :monzo: if I remember correctly). Gladly I didn’t need to go to an atm etc. Just needed someone I trust to give me all the card numbers :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Does anyone else get a load of refunds from stuff you bought using Curve? I shop at Boots a few times a week and always use Curve due to the reward points they use. At least once or twice a week over the past few weeks I’ve had refunds of purchases. I’m obviously a bit worried at some point they’re going to try to collect them all (it’s usually just around £6 so not the end of the world).
It does always take a bit of time for my card to be authorised, a few times the staff have said ‘I think it’s declined’ just before it finally says Approved on the terminal.
I’m going to message Curve, while I’m happy for money back in my account, I don’t want their service to fail because they’re haemorrhaging money!

Does anyone know if Santander retailer offers track and pay cashback if Curve is used?

Probably not as it’s Curve doing the payment then debiting your account for the balance. To be 100 per cent sure I would say check with your bank.

Ooooooh Ooooooh 666 posts on this thread. Spooky!

2 Likes