Currency purse, any thoughts?

They’ve already said that they’re planning to do multi-currency, it’s just currently not a priority.

I think being a UK resident rules me out on the N26 front. My somewhat hacky solution at the moment is to use Bunq (who I must say have have been excellent) to have a Netherlands based EUR account and debit card, and to use TransferWise to bounce funds between that account and my GBP account with First Direct when required. I have a suspicion (based on some back and forth I’ve had with some of their team) that Starling Bank might be doing something interesting in the multi-currency space soon so fingers crossed.

2 Likes

This scenario describes my situation precisely: FD > TransferWise > Bunq > European payee.

It’s clunky but reasonably quick and inexpensive but would be great to cut out the middlemen saving me time and money with: Monzo > euro payee.

1 Like

Bump. This is probably more relevant now than it was at the time.

Those travelling to Europe or the US this week would definitely have benefited from buying currency in March this year when they would have got at least 12% more euros/dollars than today. I appreciate this is not a core use case but probably a growing one.

1 Like