Credit Agreements and Borrowing

I would like the ability to track external borrowing and lending in a position pot or account.

I have a clothing catalogue and I quite often have an outstanding balance on there is like to track as well as lending and borrowing to friends family which I can sort of track by tags but it’s not ideal.

:monzo: could deliver such a tool, but I guess it would work only if others also were :monzo: customers :thinking:

And keep records up to date, those people would have to pay you back to using same tags #payingback :grin:

It’s up to those lenders to support the Open Banking API. Nothing to do with Monzo.

You could be allowed to manually enter those not though; much like Emma does. For me that’s a great feature to be able to track and log and and all credit/loans/investments.

6 Likes

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the correct thread but I had an account with MONZO and it was closed in May this year. MONZO decided to close it with no apparent reason (presume it was due to the account being dormant).

I’ve not received an email from Clear Score (credit ref agency) that a credit agreement has been added onto my account.

I don’t owe MONZO any money. My account was £0 when it was closed.

Why have they decided to add this onto my account 4 months after closure?

Monzo have just started reporting to all 3 credit reference agencies so it’ll now show up on clear score. It will be recording that you had an account which is now closed

Did it say that when you logged in to clear score?

1 Like

It just says the ‘credit agreement’ is being added as it may be a new account or the lender has just shared information relating to an old account.

Will this have any effect on my bank account I have with another provider? I’m really worried this is going to impact my other account (not with MONZO) and my future.

What impact do you think it will have? You’re allowed to have as many accounts as you want. Opening accounts affects your credit score, but lenders look at what’s in your credit file rather than a make believe number

As it’s an old account it won’t count as a new hard check. They only thing that could impact is if they report something negative like constantly being in your overdraft, but you say your account was dormant so that won’t be an issue

It will probably properly update in a few days so you’ll be able to see what info Monzo have shared with clear score then

1 Like

I just thought the moment a closed account is added to your credit report, it impacts you negatively and this forces other lenders to investigate the reason for closure etc,

I was never given a reason for closure but I never used my MONZO account for over a year so I’m guessing it was closed due to being dormant.

As long as it don’t affect me with my current bank provider as well as taking out a mortgage in the future, I’m happy.

Monzo don’t close dormant accounts.

But it won’t make any difference to your other accounts or anything. Nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Now you have me even more worried lol.

I was of the assumption that it was closed initially due to being dormant, so now I’m even more worried why they closed it.

Oh dear, I hope I don’t receive anything from my current bank!

Don’t panic over nothing, the account has been uploaded as they’re exporting to all the credit reference agencies now. All it shows is you had an account and now it’s closed.

Same as when any bank account closes or a credit card etc.

1 Like

Thanks Dave

1 Like