Core Experience Update šŸ“£

Iā€™m on TestFlight so itā€™s a per user thing rather than an app version thing.

Whatsymagig here too.

1 Like

What issues were you having @walderston ?

1 Like

:fire: :fire: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

^^ That was the issueā€¦ Looks like this fixes it as I can disable ā€˜Phone numberā€™ and leave the payment link option enabled.

It sure does :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doesnā€™t work in dark mode :sob:

Ahhh that makes sense! Yeah one of the key things weā€™re trying to do is give you more control over how you can interact with others. So as you said, previously it was all or nothing. Now, you get greater flexibility with monzo.me and phone numbers,

11 Likes

Oh wow, Iā€™ve just seen that youā€™ve updated your gif - thatā€™s so cool!

Defo not on my Android phone :sob: I was looking for something much more subtle

2 Likes

You realise that the QR code is just your monzo.me link, so if someone scanned it, all they could do is send you :pound::pound::pound:

:money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Yeah, but it shows people your full legal name, which is not something Iā€™d want!

1 Like

Interesting, mine only shows first & last name, no middle. Maybe something you can message Monzo support to change?

1 Like

Oh, I donā€™t have any middle names! So first and last is my full legal name.

I wish it would only display first name like Cash does.

2 Likes

You mean youā€™re not really called Tom MacMonier? Next youā€™ll be telling me @Revels isnā€™t called Daniel!

1 Like

Can someone explain to me if Iā€™m being thick or not, Iā€™ve only gone to check since the QR code has been added, but the Shared tab, is it possible to create a shared tab and include people on there who ARENT on Monzo?

I feel like some time in the past I did it and Iā€™ve just forgotten entirely?

I believe you can bill split with non-Monzo but not a shared tab with non-Monzo.

1 Like

man that would be ideal, bit weird how you can split the bill with people not on Monzo but then you canā€™t see that in the shared tab.

Because the non Monzo canā€™t join the shared tab, thus canā€™t create a shared tab.

I was under premise that Kroo was going to create something like this but I was completely wrong :sweat_smile:

Oh yeah I get why it currently doesnt work but whats stopping us from adding it ourselves.

Creates a new name on the shared tab for Carlos, then share a Monzo.me link from within that name which is unique and linked, once it is paid it marks Carlos down as paid?

Or even if Monzo is able to pull whoā€™s name the incoming payment is coming from and as long as the name youā€™ve set is the same Monzo can detect its them and mark it as paid that way

1 Like

Ah I see. I guess that the bill split function could also bring through to shared tabs, and satisfy when paid.

Potentially would involve monzo needing to create some basic app/access or web platform for the end user to see the shared tab and complete their bill splits.

Likely going to make the engineers sweat even thinking about building anything similar :joy:

Utilising the monzo.me in this manner though could make it easier if its a web platform to settle transactions from the tab. Good suggestion tbh.

2 Likes