Collected thoughts on card design

I like the pink one, the black one with the glossy look is not my style (now if it was two different textures, then that would be a different conversation!)

Is it clear yet whether they allow you to split in 3 with the physical cards?

2 Likes

Yep.

2 Likes

Beware it’s unregulated

1 Like

It would be interesting to see it in real life

1 Like

Mine doesn’t expire for another year and a bit yet! Maybe @Dan5 can share once he’s burned through all their existing stock of the old cards!

I don’t anticipate it’ll look as metallic as the Apple Pay render though as it’s just recycled plastic. The closest we’ll see to that, if anything, is likely to be the sparkly/grainy finish some bank cards have, like the standard Revolut card. I reckon it’ll end up looking more like the silver Revolut premium card though, and that texture is just for the benefit of the Apple Pay render.

Edit: to add on to this, the renders for this card, both on the website, and in Apple Pay very closely match their renders for the old Apple Rewards (The Apple credit card before Apple had a credit card) card:

It’s probably safe to draw the assumption then that the physical card itself will look similar to the physical Apple Rewards card too.

4 Likes

Can’t believe they went live with a typo in the card design!

“Platinium”

10 Likes

Oh dear, they did indeed! I didn’t notice and now I imagine it’ll forever bug @N26throwaway

4 Likes

You realise I can’t unsee this now! And can’t get my old design back! :sob:

6 Likes

You’re welcome. Consider it the new Latin tier above Platinum. :blush:

4 Likes

Hopefully they fix it soon. It would really annoy me if I had that Barclaycard!

2 Likes

Maybe it was a yank designer getting confused with aluminum.

Or a platinum–aluminium alloy (complete with massive exothermic reaction, according to SCIENCE)

But yes. Big lols.

4 Likes

I know this has already been posted, but I think this is such a superb design.

6 Likes

I love it! Any idea who designed it? And where do I get it?

In the US of A

Julie Mehretu

3 Likes

I don’t get it :joy: doesn’t look like a design to me, looks like scribbles from a kid.
But hey, art is subjective and obviously other people like it :blush:

3 Likes

Lol I agree looks like kids done it! Cant see many going for it in USA, platinum card is a status symbol over there! As I said in earlier post in my opinion it’s one of best looking and iconic card designs and they have ruined it!

If I had the option to (and money), I’d probably go for the floral version

1 Like

I still have the old metal design, but I think the new one is a bit better, just more up to date I’d say. The old plastic design looked “cheap”…

On the other hand, I think HSBC Fr card looks quite nice in Apple Pay, but not in real life, where it’s tacky…

2 Likes

Amex has such great limited edition designs right now. I’m in LOVE with this version of the Centurion:

12 Likes

Is that a UK issued card? I have the metal platinum and was quite disappointed - the AMERICAN EXPRESS text had lost the classic look, same with the “Member Since” banner. That looks much more like the classic design. However the UK website still shows the version I have.

1 Like