Collected thoughts on card design

:eyes::scream:

More info please!

2 Likes

The single use cards were impregnated with small amounts of carbon 14 (which is slightly radioactive) and this was somehow detected by the ATM - probably to prevent people making their own cards! Plastic cards and magstripes came (probably not much) later.

3 Likes

Thoughts?

I think it’s definitely better than their other new designs and is actually quite a nice design.

5 Likes

Wish they’d roll the Kinect app out of the joe public too, looks a nice app and surely can be easily converted to function similarly to basic use not just business.

2 Likes

Taking a look on their website, I would agree. Definitely seems a better app than their normal one.

There’s also this credit card. I like it less than the debit card, but still miles better than their other new cards.

3 Likes

I guess they feel the need to provide a better service and products to business customers opposed to general.

Both those kinetic cards look better than their general offering :100:

2 Likes

I think the red is better than the black.

The black to me looks a bit too early 2000s business. “Get connected to the superfast internet highway”

2 Likes

I do think that this is another design that would look better landscape though. The landscape designs in the app look better imo.

2 Likes

I don’t use Kinetic, so can’t be sure, but that app looks like it is based off the same platform as the new general personal app, only with a slightly different design over the top.

I agree that it’s more presentable, but it doesn’t seem that functionally different - I bet, once you drill down into sub-menus, it’s much the same.

Thoughts? I think this is the first time they have shown their Premier Debit design.

From Your new Debit Mastercard® | Existing Customer | NatWest

It seems that RBS has changed their original design for their new card.

From We're changing to Mastercard® | RBS - Royal Bank of Scotland

Personally, I think RBS cards are a lot better. The images are actually nice. I prefer the train image for the premier account, but the normal account is also nice to look at. 2 good designs I think.

However, I still really don’t like the NatWest design. They both look a mess. I think the normal one is slightly better due to the brighter colours. The premier one just looks depressing. Who wants a card with random stripes of grey on it?

1 Like

Doesn’t this one have a fingerprint scanner?

I quite like all four to be honest. Perhaps I like the standard NatWest one the least; but the two RBS ones are rather surprisingly nice

Can’t wait to receive my MC card

1 Like

I preferred the Beach Hut.

1 Like

Both the beach hut and now these are terrible Google Image stock photographs.

1 Like

Ah, you went with the random photo on your card account, good choice

1 Like

The random photo of a child seems standard for all RBS cards displayed in app. I’ve no idea why they couldn’t just show the actual card image

1 Like

Just put my replace NatWest card in to Apple Pay. Not seen the premier card until now.

I don’t have the physical card yet.

4 Likes

I think it looks quite nice. Did your previous card expire, or did you request a replacement in app?

I found the Ulster Bank design too, with a bit of digging.

Source: Debit Cards - Current Accounts | Ulster Bank

3 Likes