Collected thoughts on card design

Still have one in a drawer somewhere from when my stepdad died. I used to look at it and think how dull and boring it looked.

Still, would be a sad world if we all liked the same things :blush:

3 Likes

Got mine this week, I like it but not overly fussed by it. Currently my favourite is the TSB Advance Credit Card. That is imo a very pretty card.

Although I think if they went to non-embossed numbering on these like most card these days this would probably beat out the TSB one…

Still not my favourite. Don’t like all the different fonts and the different horizontal and vertical text.

My favourite remains Santander’s debit card. Very nice card.

2 Likes

I do have a Santander account, but the App is horrible :flushed: it will pop up the website instead of opening in the app

I’ve got no issue with the app. I like it nice and simple, and the occasional time I need to do something, I really don’t mind it opening a website.

Anyway, they are currently testing a new app which does look better.

Which account is that card for? Haven’t seen a debit card with that design.

Is it diamonds instead of splodges because you’ve got :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:?

I’ve seen the diamonds on the world elite credit card but not the debit card.

Just the normal account, and I’m not :moneybag: :joy:

1 Like

That is a nice collection! The HSBC cards are really growing on me now.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what the Natwest Reward Black Credit Card looks like?

I think it’s this, I don’t have it but the design matches the others in the range:

IMG_8199

NatWest hasn’t updated the designs alongside the debit cards :frowning: although maybe that’s not a bad thing due to the somewhat–controversial debit design :smiley:

Thank you, would the RBS one be similar to this?

Yes.

1 Like

I came across this montage of Virgin Money’s debit and credit cards in their 2021 results announcement. I didn’t know they had a black card for their Private Banking offering.

7 Likes

I genuinely really like these ones. Just like how bright and colourful most of them are, but not entirely sure about the blue and green business debit.

2 Likes

Love these.

Could this be a sneak preview to the new RBS debit card design?

3 Likes

If that’s the case maybe I need to get one of the sheds before they go. I’ve never actually opened an RBS–branded account (I have Child, and Drummonds).

It looks like a purple-washed version of the existing NatWest style, so could easily be the new design.

For me, it’s much less offensive than the shed!

2 Likes

Who ever would’ve thought Ulster and Coutts would end up with the best cards?!

2 Likes