Collected thoughts on card design

Exactly this.

Edit - maybe Wise have a left-handed card designer who is only now getting his revenge on the majority…

4 Likes

Glad someone was able to get it so i could have proof i wasnt going insane. I like it

3 Likes

Well… to be perfectly honest, just because you were right doesn’t conclusively prove that you’re not going insane.

4 Likes

Agreed!

Same. It looks good and matches the rest of their brand better now.

1 Like

I’m slightly suprised that Wise even bothered to have a signature strip at all.

3 Likes

Me too given the neat design of the rest of the card. I’ve a couple of non-embossed cards now (Amex being the other one) but so far all my cards still have signature strips.

3 Likes

Yet the new design repeats the words " building society". Once under the logo and again in the slogan splashed across the card.

1 Like

I guess the different contexts and meanings of the two phrases excuses that a little?

3 Likes

The repeated words don’t bother me for some reason.

Looking at it again, I think it’s because the words aren’t in the same order and are in a different font. On the old one, the house logos were on top of each other so it was easier to notice that they were the same. I still liked the old one though, but that small thing bothered me a tiny bit.

1 Like

HSBC‘s new ones are nice

7 Likes

Ideally what we need to do is outfit ATM’s with contactless readers, you bring up your card in apple/google pay and it accepts that as the card to get out cash - would save a lot of waste

You still need biometrics on your device and the ATM still needs the cars PIN number

1 Like

Aren’t they going portrait in the UK?

If they do that, it’ll mean the UK is going off brand with the rest of the group so maybe it was a design idea that’s not been settled on yet

1 Like

That’s a thing already at quite a few cash machines near me.

Same with vending machines that accept contactless have randomly popped up too.

2 Likes

Oooh, that’s lovely. But the chip cutting into the hexagonal logo annoys me.

3 Likes

Looks very nice, but I agree that the chip ruins the design a bit. Maybe they could have that similar deisnt but in a vertical card? The chip shouldn’t overlap with the logo then.

However, it does bother me slightly that they have their logo on the card twice but they are different colours so not too bad.

Yea I agree - not sure why they design it like there’s no chip, seems a bit of an oversight.

I assume they will update the website when all of their debit cards switch to the new design. It would look odd to have two different designs on their website.