Collected thoughts on card design

It looks like metal truly lol

1 Like

Does anyone have a picture of the Barclaycard Forward irl?

1 Like

Probably due to give an update on my collection, so here we go:

Horizontal:

Vertical:

There are a few cards which I wanted to add but didn’t because they had card delivery fees and/or other costs which I don’t think were worth it. I also have a long list of accounts to apply for once my mortgage has gone through.

It also reminds me, I don’t think @N26throwaway ever delivered the promised pics of the collection!

12 Likes

Great haul. I don’t have that To The Moon colour (mine’s orange) and I need to get a vertical Hyperjar card too.

1 Like

The Starling flavour To The Moon card is so stupid. It says “this is your debit card” like thanks, I never would’ve guessed myself‽

6 Likes

Whoops!

Had to get them shipped back from California. And another set from England! Downside to moving around quite a bit and leaving stuff stored at other family homes! Not nearly as bad as what’s happened to my K-pop collection over the years, but that’s for another thread!

They’re all with me now (the cards not the K-pop albums), but still boxed up. I’ll get around to it!

5 Likes

Does this mean they’ll be an international flavour to your collection?

3 Likes

Only ever had a Simple card! Never got a proper chance to use the account though. :pensive:

Have some old Bank of America cards and citi cards too, but they’re not mine! Just expired ones I nicked to save them from the shredder! :joy:

4 Likes

And a couple Apple Cards as far as I’m aware. :eyes:

4 Likes

Those too! :joy:

3 Likes

Out of interest those of you with loads of accounts, do you carry many of the cards in your wallet?

1 Like

They probably use a wallet sized briefcase!

2 Likes

No, just my main two cards + a backup (Amex/Barclaycard and my RBS Debit). The others sit at home in the collection

:thinking:

6 Likes

If you don’t use them is there a likelihood they could be cancelled by the card provider?

1 Like

I wouldn’t have thought providers would cancel unused current accounts, I could be wrong though… Credit cards for sure could cancel them if unused, had it happen to me before.

I don’t think the big collectors worry about them working and in most instances, if they could have paid a few quid for the card, that would have saved everyone the time and hassle creating a new account.

3 Likes

Bellroy sleeve owner :heart:

Revolut gold in front pocket
Curve metal (monzo flex) in back pocket
Monzo
First direct
Tesco/Nectar cards
Starling joint

The rest all sit in a cupboard.

4 Likes

Will there be room for your Kroo card when you get it? :star_struck:

1 Like

Of course :smiley:

4 Likes

Starling debit (Mastercard), Child & Co. (ie. RBS) debit (Visa), Nationwide credit (Visa) and Amex credit.

That’s when I carry a wallet, which is less than 50% of the time.

I know Lloyds and Santander won’t send a replacement card automatically if usage of the account is low, but it’s easily ordered if wanted.

4 Likes